Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear hatch area whine

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2023, 01:07 PM
Doug's 83
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by walfreyydo
Porsche didnt have one from the factory, no need to add as long as the other parts of the system are working correctly.

The tank screen should be checked and replaced and that acts as your inline filter. When you replace the screen you can also flush the tank at that time as well to get out as much residue/sediment as possible, if present.
I purchased a kit to do the in line fuel filter before the pump, but on the fence about using it. Anyway, I did get it started again by using the DME relay jumper technique. Now there is a pronounced ticking sound in the engine bay. I plan on emptying the tank, and cleaning it with rust 911 or similar also evaluating the screen to see if it's intact. Do you guys think the ticking is from clogged injectors or something else? My instinct is that the fuel system is causing most of the problems, so I think cleaning up as much as I can to start with is a decent strategy. Also, I remember it having a lot more power when I was a kid. Could that be related? As always, thank you for your help!

Quick Reply: Rear hatch area whine