Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is a funny story....

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2001 | 05:31 PM
ribs
Rennlist Member

Post This is a funny story....

Well...I posted this at pelican last night at 3 in the morning and didn't expect to get so much of a reply, so I will post it here as well...BTW, check out the pelican thread here: pelican thread and throw your 2 cents in there if you see something you agree with/don't agree with. Here is the same thing I posted over there:

Well...I found this link on the rx-7 forums, and the link was to the supra forums, but the post originally came from the BMW forums (damn forum ******), but anyways, here is the link to the post on the supra forums since I can't locate the original on the BMW forums: A short story about why you should never steal valve stem caps off of a BMW...it has pictures of the perpetrator too!

Oh well...F it...I will just copy and paste the story and pictures into this thread too...keep in mind that I am not the author, but it is too funny to miss...

oh man ive never been so pissed in my life, let me start from the top:

I was going to buy some new shoes so i parked on a side street and i noticed two young kids on BMX bikes riding around on the other side of the street. *click* i walk away from the car after locking the doors. I looked back at my baby once every 15 feet as i usually do but i notice these kids eyeing my car. Hmmmmm, ok so i keep walking and pretending not to see. Im 1/2 block away as i see those little vultures hover around my car. Im like "oh no you didn't" as i see them squat down to snag my valve stem caps.

I bolt outta nowhere like Oj simpson running for the end zone and one kid takes his bike and runs off and i catch the other one. I was shaking from being so pissed, i took his bike literally and i said get the **** outta here, if you dont get me back my valve stems im taking your bike. He starts balling, saying "noo noo i didnt do it!!!! My dad just bought my bike." I open my trunk as if im going to put it in there and he crys like a newborn baby. I yell at him to go get my valve stem caps if he wants his bike.

1 hours goes by, no valve stem covers, a wining little **** whos crying for his mommy. So after calling the other kids parents who were not cooperating, i called the cops. Cops came filed a report, and chewed the little **** out. There were 3 huge cops, who made the kid sit on the ground as they questioned him. He was scared ****less!!! To make a long story short, his parents came and repaid me for the valve stems and i made a "little" profit if you know what i mean

The whole time i was teasing the kid telling him hes gonna be in jail and he would'nt stop crying. I took out my camara and took like 10 picts of him and told him "this is for the cover of tommarows newspaper". Am i mean? ya........is this justice? hell ya! Here are some picts

Damn...the poor kid probably doesn't even know he is pasted all over the internet being seen by thousands of people at his worst moment...maybe he won't steal any more...
Old 12-06-2001 | 05:50 PM
Tabor
Drifting

Next time the kid sees his car, he is going to do more than steal a few valve stem caps.
Old 12-06-2001 | 06:29 PM
my944
Pro

Wink

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2001 | 06:48 PM
Thaddeus
Deer Slayer
Lifetime Rennlist

That's messed up. Poor kid. Sounds to me like the guy who originally wrote the thread is in some serious need of some anger management classes. There's probably not a person who posts to any of these boards who didn't pull some crap when they were that age. It's up to adults to exercise some judgment and moderation. And no, I'm not saying the police shouldn't have been called (they should have been), and the kid's parents needed to be involved; but that SOB was a sadist and needs counseling.

It's not funny. It's f*g sick.

Thaddeus
Old 12-06-2001 | 06:51 PM
Tabor
Drifting

Originally posted by Thaddeus:
<STRONG>It's not funny. It's f*g sick.</STRONG>
I agree. But people have many different opinions. I know that in many states it is illegal to grab children even if they were stealing your valve stem caps.
Old 12-06-2001 | 09:00 PM
ribs
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Thaddeus:
<STRONG>That's messed up. Poor kid. Sounds to me like the guy who originally wrote the thread is in some serious need of some anger management classes. There's probably not a person who posts to any of these boards who didn't pull some crap when they were that age. It's up to adults to exercise some judgment and moderation. And no, I'm not saying the police shouldn't have been called (they should have been), and the kid's parents needed to be involved; but that SOB was a sadist and needs counseling.

It's not funny. It's f*g sick.

Thaddeus</STRONG>
The funny thing is that I found this thread on the rx-7 forum, which was actually copied off the supra forum, and the original was posted on the bimmerforum. Anyways, the 2 forums I originally saw it on - supra and rx-7, are going to have on average a younger population than a porsche board, and if you look over the thread on pelican, or your post, you will see that generally the older folk think this guy is sadistic and went about things the wrong way, while the younger people (and almost all of the rx-7 and supra forums) thought the kid got what was coming to him.

That said, I personally think this kid got what he deserved, all though that guy seemed to be quite an ******* about it, it is best for the kid and he will definitely think twice about stealing again. Posting pictures on the internet? Thats just wrong, plain wrong, but being that I don't know the kid or his parents it makes the story that much more entertaining. The kids parents have a lawsuit brewing if those pictures ever catch up to the guy, on grounds of intentional infliction of emotional stress.

Its kind of like this...say you know a person, an old friend, who dies a tradgic death from trying to have sex with a running lawnmower...I am sure you would be devistated. Now, if this story got out on the internet, everybody who doesn't know the guy would be laughing at his death and mocking him for being such a perverted moron. Sick, but true. I'm not saying that applies 100% in this situation, as some people feel bad for the kid, but I remember being a kid and doing dumber stuff (like stealing golf ***** from golfers while they are playing), getting caught (locked in a maintainance shed for 2 hours only to see my parents and getting much worse punishment from them), and going through worse than what this kid did. I will tell you this...I never stole again. If that guy took pictures of me when I was at my worst, I would probably try to find him when I was all grown up and have some insane renvenge...I hope that guy knows that. Anyways, I made something up that goes along with this thread:

Old 12-06-2001 | 09:09 PM
Tabor
Drifting

If someone locked my kid in a closet I would kick the crap out of them right before I filed a lawsuit.
Old 12-06-2001 | 09:17 PM
my944
Pro

Wink

Ribs Man,

Your friggin' hilarious! By the way...your doing a great job on your websight! I always freak out my wife and friends by using pics from your fine selection as the background on my desktop. Personally, if it were my child, I would be pissed at the BMW owner. But since it is not, I'll take the free laugh!
Old 12-06-2001 | 10:00 PM
Untier
Racer

at the very least someone should adjust his camera with a baseball bat.
Old 12-06-2001 | 10:14 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Someone stole my Porsche valve stem caps so I feel that bimmer owners pain. I hate theifs.

Just as long as the guy didn't hurt the kid physically, I don't think it's mean at all. Obviously the parents didn't either because they paid. I think the kid got what he deserved and like Tabor said, I guarentee you he will think twice before he steals valve stems caps, or ANYTHING for that matter. He's young, but that's when they need to learn. Just my $.04

-M
Old 12-06-2001 | 10:17 PM
Geo
Race Director

Originally posted by ribs:
<STRONG>Posting pictures on the internet? Thats just wrong, plain wrong, but being that I don't know the kid or his parents it makes the story that much more entertaining. The kids parents have a lawsuit brewing if those pictures ever catch up to the guy, on grounds of intentional infliction of emotional stress.</STRONG>
Not to mention he has no right to publish someone's photo without a signed release. The only loophole to that is for legitimate news publication. I very nearly made a living as a professional photographer so I'm familiar with this.

Trust me, if these parents ever came across these photos, the sicko who did this whole thing wouldn't be worrying about valve stem caps.

Personally, my kid would be in big trouble for something like that. But, when I got done with the bastard who owned the car for tormenting my kid, he'd never pull a stunt like that again on another kid.
Old 12-06-2001 | 10:17 PM
Tabor
Drifting

Originally posted by Matt Olde:
<STRONG>I think the kid got what he deserved and like Tabor said, I guarentee you he will think twice before he steals valve stems caps, or ANYTHING for that matter. He's young, but that's when they need to learn. Just my $.04</STRONG>
What I said is that he is going to do more than just steal some valve stem caps. He is going to mess that man's BMW up something feirce. At least, that is what I would do.
Old 12-06-2001 | 10:40 PM
Chris Prack
Drifting

This is too much. I don't blame the guy. If these kids parents did a little better job of teaching right and wrong I bet this would have never happened.

I also have noticed that the posts that disapprove of his actions are all West of the Mississippi and the posts that think this was OK are East. Maybe we on the East coast are a little less conservative......
Old 12-06-2001 | 10:42 PM
Tabor
Drifting

Wouldn't approving of the man's actions make your more Conservative, not less?
Old 12-06-2001 | 11:01 PM
GT_1
Intermediate

a little girl in my neighborhood had to sit out side next to the road with a giant cardboard sign behind here, saying

"I am a liar, i lie to my parents"

me and a few friends were pretty disgusted so we made a sign and put it in front of his house the next day saying

"I am a bad father, I don't know how to diciplin my children"

In retrospect we probably shouldnt have done that, being it was his house and his family, but doing stuff like that to kids dosent fly with me.

Quick Reply: This is a funny story....