Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance software application - Top Rate

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2001, 07:10 PM
deni durrell
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Insurance software application - Top Rate

Anyone want this application? I managed to get a copy of it before they (Quadrant Information) took it down. It's 9 Mb and available if you mail me here-> mrfrog@100palm.com with quadinfo in the subject line. This post is in response to JohnK944T's query. I am not affiliated with the company whatsoever and barely know how it works (can't answer any questions about it). All I can say is that it is very interesting and worth the d/l. (plus i need to install myself cuz i don't have ins. yet - Doh!) Once you go through the setup and you enter your data in the program, it will spit out a list of insurance companies and how much they will charge you based on your input. It's free and I think an i-net connection is required for this one. cheers....
Old 07-13-2001, 05:47 PM
deni durrell
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FYI on the software app that I have via FTP:

1. Hate to say it, but this app comes with *CALIFORNIA only* pre-loaded data, which I didn't know beforehand. If you live in another state, I have no idea what to do for different data..
Being that this app is not currently available, I doubt they are supporting it. I called the Help line (+1 888.484.7823) for kicks I got some number read back (like ANI!) in Oakland and a vmail prompt.

2. Interestingly, this app is copyrighted by Kelley Blue Book (found out by doing 'Help/About')

3. To start the app using Windows 2000 (that's all I got), you can't get to it via the main application window by pushing the red "Auto" icon. (or maybe you can?) The way I did it was by going to "Command Prompt". I found that I had to set the "Screen Buffer size" to the exact parameters as the the "Window layout size" (found in 'Properties') which is 80x25. Then cd \ to the directory ..\toprate\ca\ and run "auto-ca.exe". I had to use F1 a lot cuz I don't know what any of this stuff means.

The app came from here -> http://www.quadinfo.com

more later once I get into it...

Quick Reply: Insurance software application - Top Rate