Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please tell me what you all think (new muffler/tip)

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2001 | 10:03 AM
Firestarter
Advanced

PSUice,

I know that you post is old.... but GRM did the MSDS headers, straight pipe and Borla cat back. They do have a slight sound bite on their website... in one of the videos. I have owned the car for the last two months, but don't have any capabilities that would support uploading a sound bite to the web.

The GRM car is too noisy for my taste and quite ricy. The sound is growing on me and I am finding that I don't mind it as much as I did last month. Several other 944 guys have heard it and like the sound. I can't really give you an idea of what it sounds like on the highway... cause over the wind and BFG KD's I can hardly hear it. At idle it sounds nice. Hardly noticeable yet somehow still sounds strong & no where near stock. Off idle until around 3500 it has a bit of a ricey tone to it... then after 3500 it gets really loud, but commanding. So I guess I like it at the top and bottom but not so much in the middle. I can't imagine what it sounds like outside of the car at speed.

Firestarter

Quick Reply: Please tell me what you all think (new muffler/tip)