Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Torsion Bar Removal Time

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2001, 08:10 PM
David Salama
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 9 Posts
Post Torsion Bar Removal Time

Well I've decided to go to a full Bilstein Coil-over Suspension without torsion bars. So far I have the front installed with 500 # springs. The rear setup has 750 # springs which I plan to put on next week after pulling the t-bars. The car already handles so much better just with the front done (removed adjustable Konis and Welt-250 # springs) My question is, is there any parts I will need to complete the t-bar removal. I already plan to flush the brakes, but is there anything else ? I will be following the Paragon tech site instructions for removal. Any tips are greatly appreciated.
Old 12-04-2001, 12:49 AM
TurboTim
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Removing the torsion tube assembly is pretty straight forward. Once you disconnect the brake lines,cv's etc..... there is only 6 bolts that hold it up. What you might want to consider is one of our torsion removal jack adaptors. It simply fits in place of the existing jack pad on your floor jack.This way you can position, raise and lower the torsion assembly with ease and do it by yourself! Anyways, we want $100 bucks for it.We will be puttinb our tool page up pretty soon.We have a few items which will help out many of those shade tree mechanics that wrench on their own cars.

Another tool that we have that is pretty useful is our jig for holding the engine securely while doing rod bearings,oil pan gasket,etc......If you have ever done rod bearings or your oil pan gasket, you know that using a cherry picker is almost impossible! Using jacks is dangerous! This is the tool for you.

Tim
86 951 http://www.speedforceracing.com
Old 12-04-2001, 12:52 AM
TurboTim
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Removing the torsion tube assembly is pretty straight forward. Once you disconnect the brake lines,cv's etc..... there is only 6 bolts that hold it up. What you might want to consider is one of our torsion removal jack adaptors. It simply fits in place of the existing jack pad on your floor jack.This way you can position, raise and lower the torsion assembly with ease and do it by yourself! Anyways, we want $100 bucks for it.We will be puttinb our tool page up pretty soon.We have a few items which will help out many of those shade tree mechanics that wrench on their own cars.

Another tool that we have that is pretty useful is our jig for holding the engine securely while doing rod bearings,oil pan gasket,etc......If you have ever done rod bearings or your oil pan gasket, you know that using a cherry picker is almost impossible! Using jacks is dangerous! This is the tool for you.

Tim
86 951 http://www.speedforceracing.com

Quick Reply: Torsion Bar Removal Time