Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stolen Valve Stem Caps

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2001, 12:06 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face Stolen Valve Stem Caps

Does anyone else have a hard time keeping valve stem caps? In the last few years, in two different cities 400 miles apart, I have probably gone through about a dozen sets of caps. I figure it must be a kid thing and for some strange reason they are a collectable like a hood badge. These are the small, thin, stainless caps with the dimple on top that are on many high end German wheels.

I have yet to catch one of these little bastards to find out why the caps are so attractive. I'm about to the stage of putting Locktight on them but then I'll need to always carry a pliers, and locktight. This is really getting irritating for such a minor issue.

Oh, if you can't tell, I just lost another set.
Old 12-01-2001, 12:18 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
This is not new! I'm 34 and I can remember ( I was probably around 10) that my friends used to go around the neighborhood looking for cool valve caps for their bikes.....sounds like the best solution is to "give-in" one way or another...either the lock-tite thing, or black ( not chrome or Stainless) caps that are less attractive to young kids who have not yet learned to appreciate fine cars!

Good luck Ice!

Quick Reply: Stolen Valve Stem Caps