Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension Mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2002, 01:27 PM
Longtime76
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Suspension Mods

The first stage of modifications is finally complete. Over the past week I had installed Koni yellows all around, plus 200# springs with Paragon's adjustable ride height kit. I dropped the rear fully over the weekend and set the rake. I was able to get the car aligned yesterday, -1 degree all around (alignment was way off - 3.5 and 3.25 degrees negative camber in front, and -2 in back plus major toe in when I went in) and finally was able to give it a proper test drive last night. It really handles well and looks just as good - no more unsightly gap between the tires and fenders!! It feels really good though. We went out to a a huge stadium parking lot to do some skid pad testing. The car is totally neutral, no understeer, no oversteer. Everytime I would turn in more steering or more power it would just slide out perfectly normal to the path. We were pulling some major forces too. It brakes a lot better now that not all the weight is on the front brakes under heavy braking. My friend who has a N/A 4th gen Supra (currently doing a turbo conversion, still assembling parts) is pissed as my car handles better and stops better (he helped me put everything in). We are both obsessed with our cars, and there is a constant battle betwen us with one person claiming there car is better and the other guys can't measure up. I also pulled on him slightly when we were racing last night from like ~50 - ~90 (I was about 6 feet ahead in the end) He is now going to do some suspension upgrades on his car to try to keep up with the Porsche. Anyhow - sorry for the long post, but I just wanted everyone to know how great the car feels. Thanks again to everyone for the advice.

Quick Reply: Suspension Mods