Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunroof Wiring Diagram

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2001, 02:14 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Sunroof Wiring Diagram

Can someone please post or direct me to a web site that has the layout of the sunroof wiring which would cover an '88 951.

I need to determine why the ignition key in position #2 (normal operation) is on "reverse" i.e., the same as in ignition position #1.

Thanks.
Old 07-16-2001, 03:39 AM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks everyone for posting thoughts or a wiring diagram on the problem. Zero.

Local Porsche dealer was going to let me copy the service manual wiring section but I missed getting over there this week.

So had some spare time today and it took me a couple hours to figure out how things worked, what must be going on, and trace it back.

Was the forward relay, as expected, which is solid state so tough to find the exact problem without big equipment and a wiring diagram/understanding. Just a flat change out would be in order except this bugger is well over 100 bucks.

Turns out lucky for me that the relay had a burned/corroded out a trace line on one of the printed CB's so I could see it with a close visual observation and continuity tests. Soldered in a fine sister wire and everything works OK now. The dielectric rosin they apply to the boards sure makes things fun.

I thought Rennlist would be more helpful, but guess loss of the old posters from the other board and the poor service of this new and crummy InfoPop system as well as some scum type of ISP has crashed any hopes of that.

Regards, Dan

Quick Reply: Sunroof Wiring Diagram