Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clutch master cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2001, 02:01 PM
951mat
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post clutch master cylinder

I need to replace the master and slave cylinder on my 951. I'm not worried about the slave, but the master looks like it might be tough to reach with all the lines that obstruct access, namely the AC lines. Is there a trick to getting at this? Does it come out w/o removing any these lines, I sure hope so. Any tips would be appreciated.
Old 07-07-2001, 06:27 PM
Tabor
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, this is on my 1987 NA so it may not be the same as your turbo. I just did mine a few months ago.

Here is the key for the image:

Yellow: An AC line that can be bent a little out of the way.

Blue: The blue box has a connector for the engine harness in it. You will need to remove the box and disconnect the harness. The other object that is outlined in blue is the more engine wiring. There is really nothing you can do to get it out of the way.

Purple (bright): There are all your Vaccum lines. You need to dissasemble everything and remember how it was before you took it apart.

You are right about the clutch master cylinder being a pain. It is. If you don't have one yet, get yourself a power bleeder to bleed the brakes. Paragon Products sells them.

[ 07-07-2001: Message edited by: Tabor Kelly ]
Old 07-09-2001, 06:51 PM
Michael Stephenson
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Took me nine hours to do this job.

The connections can be very difficult to break loose. In fact, it may be a good idea to break ALL the connections before actually removing anything, that way you can apply more torque than if some pieces are already removed.

Make sure that you have some good tools with all the little attachments that are used to get into awkward areas. Also, make sure you have a way to retrieve the tools and nuts when you drop them.

Getting the hose from the master to slave started was very, very difficult.

Be patient and take a rest if you get to frustrated. I had to.

May the Porsche Gods smile on you.

Quick Reply: clutch master cylinder