Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What can be salvaged from a 951S #2 failure?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 10:30 PM
16valver
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Arominus
You know, the mag intakes usually pull threads because they are mistreated. IE, seating the fuel rail into the injectors using the fuel rail bolts instead of pre assembling the rail/injector, then seating it by hand in the intake and then installing the bolts once the rail mount is flush against the intake.... I almost made the same mistake, but caught myself. Since then i have done it the correct way and have had no issues.
Yep I'm well aware of this. I've always done such things by hand. The big issue with my car is that it was idiot owned at some point. Same issue with the threads where the distributer bolts in. One of those threads is completely gone. Luckily for me the fuel rail threads are still in good shape. A couple parts for the throttle linkage are toast on mine.

I also don't like the design. If you ever get a chance to shine a light inside one you should. The inside of them are ridiculous. I like the direction porsche was moving in with that design but in the big picture I'm not a fan. The S2 manifold reflects the amount of restriction you get with our intakes. Once I cut the flange on the one I have I'm going to try and make a cutaway just for fun.

Quick Reply: What can be salvaged from a 951S #2 failure?