Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Injectors - Yellow vs. Orange Hat

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2002, 09:29 PM
icat
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Injectors - Yellow vs. Orange Hat

Just installed the Porsche injector kit on all four of my injectors. Replaced the o-rings and the caps with the ones in the kit. I did not replace the plastic ring as it was a different size than the original. Now my injectors have Yellow caps, so....
I'm cruising the archives and run a cross several posts saying not to use the Yellow caps. Unfortunatly, the orange caps broke apart when I tried to remove them due to age, so....
What's the deal with the Yellow caps? If you're not suppose to use the caps in the rebuild kit, and you bust the old ones, what should you use?
Old 02-25-2002, 02:12 PM
Zach C
Track Day

The injector kits come with the yellow hats designed for the NA cars. The turbo is suposed to use the orange hats, but I don't think they are available new (at least I couldn't find any). I used the yellow ones in my turbo, because like your's, the orange ones broke upon disassembly. The yellow hats seemed to work fine for me, and I know others have used them with no ill effects. Maybe someone else can shed light on the reason not to use these, but I couldn't tell any functional difference. Maybe someone knows where to get new orange ones, but failing that, I would just use the yellow ones and if your experience is like mine, you should be ok. Someone please post if I am off base on this.

-Zach
Old 02-25-2002, 03:34 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts
Some kits also come with blue hats. Not sure the diffrence between them all. Just an FYI.
Old 02-25-2002, 11:07 PM
TLMikey
Intermediate

Well, i got one of the dealer kits with the yellow hats for my 87 NA and I ended up buying rebuild injectors a couple months later with the blue hats. I didn't measure, but the yellow hats appeared to keep the needle a little farther down than the blue one(not a large difference, just a bit). The yellow didn't seem to shroud it enough where it wouldn't spray properly, but the blue's were definitely shallower when i looked at them. Anyone else have the same thoughts?

Quick Reply: Injectors - Yellow vs. Orange Hat