Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally Running Alright.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2001, 12:50 AM
Es3L
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Finally Running Alright.

Finally after about 4 months of stupid little things going wrong (after a top end rebuild, valvejob, 3 new valves, new valve springs, new valve retainers, and my oil pickup tube breaking and the car shooting pillows of bluish smoke out the back) I Replaced the Head temperature sensor, Changed all the sparkplugs, Cleaned the battery terminals for an hour (they were bad ((green and nasty)), can this be the source of the car doing one click when i turned the key sometimes?), hopefully this is all that is wrong until friday (30th), because i want my car to drive me to and from school this week. Friday we are changing the motor mounts (Right one is horribly bad), and in the very near future, me and dad are changing all of the struts and the muffler to a hooker aerospeed or somthing of that sort (any other reccomendations for mufflers that arent too rice?). My exhaust is cracked to hell around the muffler (from the vibration) so i am changing it, Thanks for the help, Rennlist is the only way i would have figured out what was wrong. Hopefully this will be the end of the bad luck for a little while. I want to sort out the 911, i love that car. Also I am going to finally try and stop driving like a teenager (im still 17) and try to calm it down a bit, driving fast is not worth these problems or the risk of a heavy fine.

Quick Reply: Finally Running Alright.