Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT, Score one for the good guys....or, Bad driver caught

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2002, 08:49 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
Post OT, Score one for the good guys....or, Bad driver caught

First of all, I don't encourage aggressive driving! I didn't drive stupidly but prudently.

Coming home today, in my inconspicuos Honda Civic, I was intentionally cut off three times by this moron on the interstate. I say he did it intentionally b/c he was laughing at me. Also, all three times I used my blinker (a rarity in New Orleans) and he quickened his pace to make sure I couldn't merge in and flipped me off. Well I finally merged a few cars in front of this moron and kept on my merry way forever watching my rearviews for this idiot.

Well we got a little further and it became apparent that he was trying to merge to his left to take the next left off of the busy highway we were on. I moved over and kind of let him creep up next to me in the middle of stop and go traffic. Again, I wasn't speeding. He was trying to get to the last exit of the highway before the road turns into the 24 mile long bridge known as the Causeway. Well, needless to say I had no intention of letting him over. I spaced my stop and go driving between the cars perfectly. The next thing this nut knows he's going over the 24 mile long bridge.

He finally blows past me and was either gesturing to me with one finger or counting the number of teeth he had in his mouth. Now he's doing at least 75 on a 55 mph bridge so I dial the Causeway police with my cell phone. They ring him up about half way down the bridge.

For his trouble of cutting me off three times he now has traveled 48 miles and 45 minutes out of his way and received a nice yellow sheet of paper from the police. Again, I never broke the law I only obeyed it to the strict letter and I even moved over to allow him the right to the passing lane on the bridge.

Score one for the good guys!

Quick Reply: OT, Score one for the good guys....or, Bad driver caught