Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts in Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2001, 09:22 AM
Big E
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Parts in Maryland

For all of you in the MD/VA/DC area, the new project car has me buying lots of miscellaneous parts like filters, seals, sunroof gears, etc.

One would think the catalogs and online places would be the cheapest. But with the PCA discount, Tischer in Silver Spring is cheapest every time. The prices are obscene without the discount, but if you show your card, expect at least 50% off. I had a bill that went from $148 list to $57 !!

My experience also indicates that the dealers vary widely on their discount. Some, it's like 5%. Whoopee.

And no, I don't work there...

Dave
Old 08-10-2001, 09:53 AM
Mike 89 NA
Instructor

Dave,

I have had excellent experience as well with Tischner, the techs are always willing to answer questions. Their stock is also excellent, they have had many obscure parts in stock for my 83. They also turned me on to a place that rebuilt my DME when it went south. They are great guys. I also am not affiliated with them, I'm a computer with a bad car habit. I currently own five cars.

Mike
Old 08-10-2001, 04:13 PM
3C
AutoX

Thumbs up

Thanks for the tip. Tischer is pretty close to me, and I have bought a few lamps and oil filters from them but didn't know about the PCA discounts. Now I just have to join the PCA
Old 08-10-2001, 04:42 PM
Renntag
Pro

Thumbs up

Hey thanks for the info. I used to live in Vienna, Va and currently visit alot.

Do you have contact info. I would like to check them out. phone? Web? e-mail?
Old 08-10-2001, 05:37 PM
Big E
Racer

Smile

They're on the web at http:\\www.tischer.com

Strange thing about Tischer, they can't have more than about 3 or 4 new Porsches in stock. But there service department is always jumping. There was a line for parts this morning at 7:45 !!! Oh, they're open on Saturdays till noon, which is nice.

Glad to save some folks some $$

Dave
Old 08-13-2001, 10:43 AM
TomH
Pro

I've been there a couple of times as well. Didn't know about the PCA discount. Sometimes I've complained about the price, and even showed them print outs of my shopping cart from Pelican, and they are always willing to drop the price off their standard retail. Usually they give me 20% off, but I'll have to try again after I join PCA :-)

Tom Valley (sp?) is the service manager, and Brian (lastname?) is the goto 944 mechanic there. He's always been helpful with me, and spent time showing me this and that under my hood.

I do have to say that a few months back, I could have swore I paid about $7 a piece for a couple of oil filters. Two weeks ago I was in there, they wanted $19.95. My complaints got me down to $15. I guess I'll have to start buying filters online.

All-in-all, though, they are a good bunch. I've been pretty happy, even if it does cost me an arm and a leg everytime I leave my car there
Old 08-13-2001, 11:06 AM
Big E
Racer

I have been meaning to ask them if they give a PCA discount on labor. I doubt it, but it'd be worth a shot.

I know the Brian you're talking about, he's helped me out a few times too. Every once and a while Potomac region PCA sponsors a thing where Tischer clears out their entire shop and lets everybody bring the car in and put it up on the lift. Several of the mechanics are there to walk around and point out stuff.

Quick Reply: Parts in Maryland