Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Rage hits again!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2002, 12:42 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Angry

I am amazed at how HARD it is to stay calm in that kinda situation! I am glad I dont have a carry permit for my 45 Goldcup--I would use it and spend years in jail instead of spending money to fix the Porsche!

Thing everyone has to realize is that there is a certain percentage of the population that have mental problems--minor, to major. And they have these problems walking, shopping, and--driving. So there is no way to make sense of it. Best thing to do is take a deep breath, and move on! Doing what Arnold does in his movies is very tempting--but can get you arrested to say the least!

That said, I wish I had my friend from high-school's '68 Chrysler New Yorker! When someone beat him out of a parking space, or just annoyed him, he would ram their car--ruining them, without getting a scratch on his big, chrome bumper!

Hmmm...ramming speed!!!!
Old 02-03-2002, 06:14 PM
deni durrell
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
all i have to say is that there are a lot of losers over there on the 680/880 and in the lower east bay (no offence to the 944 & p-car owners who happen to live there). it's almost as bad as south bay, i know i'm being a bit pretentious, but i am merely stating an opinion. when i cruise down there i notice "attitude" with not only other losers but also the cops, santa clara included. importantly you did right andrew. i would have probably gotten in a wreck or gotten killed trying to force them off the road (happened on the 5 once, but i made it back on the road @ 70 mph, scary)... so watching one's temper is something that is smart, mature and responsible. but i often i find it difficult to follow my own advice, and i'll be the first to admit it. stay cool.
Old 02-03-2002, 08:09 PM
judd944
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Manning I am with you on the firearm advice. I carry a 9mm almost every day but I have never shown it to any one in order to gain leverage in an argument. Having a concealed carry permit is a right that carrys quite a bit of responsibity, that should only be used as a last line of self defense. I just pass the person and let my plate speak for its self, "NRA 4EVA"

Judd
Old 02-04-2002, 10:58 AM
billybones
Burning Brakes

LOL, try driving a bike. it is either hate and kill or love and wave... most I get in the porshe is a race...
Old 02-04-2002, 04:29 PM
Joe944
Racer

Haha well santa clara night time is bad for getting pulled over.. I was driving my chrysler le baron the other night down in milpitas and this bitch cop pulled me over and gave me a citation for not using my blinkers, although the fn blinker was broken hehe..

The part of the bay area I live in though, san mateo county, is a pretty good area with cops though.. I've been driving for more than 2 years and the blinker thing was the first time I was pulled over hehe.

Quick Reply: Road Rage hits again!!!!!