Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

URGENT!: How much do the shops charge for wastegate replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2002, 07:26 PM
Skip
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I've been using them for years as the ignitor for Potato guns.

FIRE IN THE HOLE.... whump ....sssssshhhhhoooo... whack

What was the question again?

Skip
Old 02-01-2002, 08:31 PM
*WiZaRD- 951
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lindsey Racing waste gate & boost controller, I KNEW it was coming in today, it's out in the garage now. We're having to drill/cut the bolts... Say what you want but we've done much much work under these cars and have never had to do this before, it was ridiculous. Perry, you have no basis to classify my 'old mentality' as 'childish' you probably haven't the least idea about psychology. I forgot that you never ever get frustrated ("i do, but I don't show it on the board", oh ok) and mixed up... People are so quick to jump on me half the time it's not even funny. I know 'this board' can't DO THINGS to me, but I swear to god nothing else in this universe pisses me off than you cyber badasse.s and f6ckers who go way off the topic when I'm urgent... Flame all you f*cking want I'm not in the mood, and do not feel like fighting. I don't care whatever whatever whatever. F6ck you for judging me and bringing other aspects of life into this sh.it hypocritical little ****'s... I remember being b*tched at constantly about going off the topic, DON'T SAY A F*CKING WORD THERE IS NO REPLY TO THAT, IT WAS SIMPLY BECAUSE 'THEY' DIDN'T LIKE WHAT I WAS POSTING ABOUT, THAT'S IT! Just like most people, they don't want someone to do something, so for a reason they make up one that makes sense but is totally irrelevant to the true reason they'd like them to stop, god d*mnit, **** this I'm canceling account. This is so gay I can hardly describe it, if this were an all 'in person' board, where you all sat at a table, NONE of this little joking bullsh*t would EVER take place, and you know it, it's easy when you hide behind a motherfu.cking screen, not saying that I'd do anything about it, I just know 98% of the world is behind a persona and are cowards, have no gumption, so just f*cking never talk to me again. Call me whatever you like but you're a complete f*cking shallow mot|-|er fu<ker if you sit and **** around w/ people on the computer, and better yet MAKE ASSUMPTIONS AND JUDGEMENTS. Simple minded people have to simplify the complex to fit their small little world of 'this thing, that thing, this material that material' f*ck off. PLEASE BAN ME ADMINISTRATOR BECAUSE I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT.
Old 02-01-2002, 08:34 PM
*WiZaRD- 951
Banned

Another thing, I didn't ask you to try to figure any **** out, I JUST wanted to know how much an removal/replacement of a normal wastegate usually costs.
OK OK OK so it matters about the wastegate, but the time it took you to type all that sh-t you could have listed the price for each type you listed... God, I don't even care, I will have my car running along with my n/a that DOES own, and will be perfectly happy with them, and yes it does matter to alot of you, because you obviously live for this ****, go ahead and deny your jealous impulses, it's weird, the content people always seemed to be envied most... hrm, wonder why?
"you're not content w/ your 944, you were always trying to make it faster"
So I guess me trying to make it faster meant I wasn't content? Good rationalization there assneck.
Old 02-01-2002, 08:39 PM
Tabor
Drifting

[quote]Originally posted by Steve Lavigne:
<strong>Is this true or is he just blowing smoke up my a**?

</strong><hr></blockquote>

It is true, but you will blow up your motor. Without a wastegate boost will be directly proportional to RPM. BOOM!

Edit-

One More thing, Craig. In the future when you are angry can you?

1. Use paragraph breaks.
2. Not use "gay" in a derogitory manner.
3. Make Sense.

Perry said it would be foolish for you to start the project without getting replacement parts. You did get replacement parts, what is the big deal? Besides is it really worth pages of ranting? Is your heart filled with hate? It isn't a big deal, calm down.
Old 02-01-2002, 09:30 PM
aka 951
Pro

On a K26/6 locking the wastegate can give decent results if you are running high enough octane fuel. Because the turbo is not big enough to create extraoridnary boost, you may see 24 psi? at low rpm. By high rpm, it is irrelevant as the K26/6 will not flow enough to go much past 15 psi. On the other hand, with a serious turbo you would be in big trouble with a locked wastegate. BTW - Saab has wastegateless turbos (1) on their V-6s.
Old 02-01-2002, 09:47 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts
Craig, man...

Man to man - shut up. You are being a complete idiot. Either you have been acting this entire time (i.e. the last few months you seem to have matured a bit) or you are living up to your other screen-name right now and have smoked a tad too much oregano.

Do yourself a favor: delete these posts and apologize or just get off Rennlist and never come back. You give a bad rep to the rest of the young guys on here (myself for instance) and we don't need/want that. The older folks on here are either a) getting the laugh of their life, or b) getting frustrated that someone like yourself can't see just how fortunate he is, and has to whine about something SO DAMN trivial in the big scheme.

You should be ashamed of yourself. You have two Porsches and are a fortunate kid, you have received countless amount of help from this board (whom you thank by cussing out), and you're complaining about something I STILL CAN'T FIGURE OUT what the heck you're complaining about. Complaining isn't the word - you're crying like a little girl.

Grow up man. If that ever happens come on back.

-Matt

EDIT:
Just went back and re-read for a laugh, and realized you personaly jumped all over Perry951, and he was basically the ONLY one to try to help you out. You need to get a better grasp on reality and perspective.
Old 02-01-2002, 10:13 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I second Matt's post; couldn't have said it better myself. Had quite a good laugh though with the Pelican parts thread. Had another good laugh trying to visuallize Craig's temper tantrum jumping up and down swearing in his garage at anything and everything! Meanwhile, the Porsche just sits there smuggly, waiting to mess with him some more, heh, heh...

Craig, here's a tip... it's all about your state of being, not about what you know or what you do. The car doesn't care if you're smart or stupid, or even if you know how to use the right tools or where you stick it. It's all about how you feel and your connection with the universe.

Take a deep breath, relax, sit down next to the car and meditate for a while. Take deep breaths and count them. Let all the frustration and anger just drain from your body and feel yourself getting calmer and looser and then hear all the voices in your head just disappear.

Only when you're in a state of complete harmony with the universe and your car, will the answers come through. Then those rusted exhaust bolts just magically loosen and everything just flows....
Old 02-01-2002, 10:18 PM
Mr. Bates - Masta2U
Instructor

Craig you are my hero. You metamorphasized a junkyard dog into something nice and back again.

Now you are attempting to do the reverse with the 951. Plus you are the embodyment of all but one stereotype.

If you enjoyed driving the car for the sake of driving the car then in 20 years you could tell your grandchildren about all the porsches youve owned.

PS if a man divorces his wife will she still be his sister? check the local law for me please

try to enjoy life and those that try to help you

This is almost as much fun as poking the animals in a cage. only here craigs reaction is more predictable and more volitile and infantile. just like me.
Old 02-01-2002, 10:45 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
That's priceless. I'm going to print the Pelican thread out just so I can refer back to it when I need a good laugh. Has anyone seen a 951 with Alteeza's in Alabama?
Old 02-01-2002, 11:06 PM
2coupes
Advanced

Well,I just read the pitifull link that was presented above, in addition I wrote the other day about the "I have to sell my 944" and got sucked in as some others appear to have been by an immature, although somewhat fortunate young man who doesn't have any sense of it.I'm one of the "Old Guys" who were building injected rails before there were 944's and am one of the few people in the world dumb enough to have rolled a 356 cabriolet,but I gotta tell ya pal, you need to spend more time studying for school than whipping your skippy on this forum, and for the record I really appreciate the knowledge some of you "younger guys" have imparted here. I personnally don't have any knuckles that aren't scarred,and that came before"special tools". Sooo, for those who determine to defecate on these boards to gain some measure of self worth, which you obviously lack,my simple message and one you've heard before is,GROW UP.!!! You little ****-pots crack me up, where the hell where you during Viet Nam, the DRAFT, and I don't mean Bud! Are you putting yourself through school on the GI Bill and working a full time job like I did with rent and groceries to buy, and meybe a car payment on something you pushed more than you drove???? Please, take your trash talking mouth/computer, and your very short-sighted view of the world elsewhere if you have NOTHING POSITIVE TO ADD, and yes I have sense of humor, I read your post. Jim H.
Old 02-01-2002, 11:27 PM
User 462021
Banned

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts
Thumbs up

Man, I was almost going to skip this thread and then I noticed it getting more and more replies. I should have known Craig was involved.
Old 02-02-2002, 12:38 AM
Skip
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by 2coupes:
<strong>...whipping your skippy...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hey, wait just a minute... can we use another term there, please? How about "monkey"... there's no one named "monkey" here is there?

I want to know more uses for the ignitor... anyone?
Old 02-02-2002, 12:42 AM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts
Skip, buddy, instead of worrying about this ignitor, can you help me with my fog light problem? (See my post, about - you guessed it - fog lights).

You will be my hero.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 02-02-2002, 12:48 AM
2coupes
Advanced

I really meant to say"strokin' the sheriff",but didn't want to run into bad luck with the bro's who are members of the constabulary,sorry Skip.Jim H
Old 02-02-2002, 07:23 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

SKIP!!!
I had almost forgotten about the old potato launchers A 3 - 4 ft section of PVC pipe, some hair spray, and a spark... Those things were so fun- I was always amazed at far they could shoot- they could be lethal!

Kids, don't try this at home- these are professionals who have had years and years of training. I'd give you 5 more stars if I could Skip...

BTW, maybe the phrase should have been: "bopping his bishop", OR, "milking his lizard"- would that have been better? "Whipping his skippy" reminds me of something Sippowitz would say on NYPD Blues...

BTW again: can we still delete our posts? I tried to delete one of mine recently, but it wouldn't let me- it would only let me edit. We used to be able to delete threads if we had started them ourselves, and it would delete the whole damn thing, but I wanted to delete my question before anyone had responded (too long- imagine that) and couldn't...

Quick Reply: URGENT!: How much do the shops charge for wastegate replacement?