Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P.S. Fluid color.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2001, 05:17 PM
Jon Hanson
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post P.S. Fluid color.

You guys don't know what kind of dumb questions you have been spared from today from me!

But here's my question:
I added P.S. fluid today, and I noticed the fluid already in there was pretty brown. Is this normal?

I asked a week or two ago if anyone added mirrors for the blind spot in the right rear. If anyone is curious, this is what I ended up doing. I'm pretty pleased with the result, it works marvelously. It's just one of those cheap suction cub wide angle mirrors you can pick up just about anywhere.

Old 08-10-2001, 08:12 AM
Thaddeus
Deer Slayer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Jon:
It's not normal. The fluid should probably be changed. HOWEVER you should be aware of what happened to me earlier this summer. I changed the PS fluid, and used synthetic. DON'T DO THIS unless you want to cause the seals to start leaking. New PS Rack for me. Schweet. I have no idea if adding regular ATF instead of synthetic would have prevented this, there's certainly the possibility the seals would've gone anyway...

Apparently these cars have issues with the racks leaking. If you change the fluid, keep an eye on it and keep your fingers crossed. If you run into issues, I can recommend a mechanic for the rack replacement (sigh).

Thaddeus

Quick Reply: P.S. Fluid color.