Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whoooooo Hoooooo!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2002, 11:43 AM
TaboII
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Whoooooo Hoooooo!

The intent here is not to dis anyone or brag “too” much but I am seriously stoked about my 87 944 N/A Right now. The history follows this short display of extreme satisfaction so if you are interested in finding out why I am so excited about the car read on and enjoy!

Currently the final touches are being put on my 944 at the body shop

1) A Brand new fiber works front end with the side vents <a href="http://www.fiberwerks.com" target="_blank">www.fiberworks.com</a> If interested in taking a look at it.
2) A New front right fender.
3) Both under wheel wells. Previous owners bad not mine
4) I found a set of 968 door handles for an awesome price they are being painted to match the car and then fitted
5) I also found a set of 968 mirrors fully automatic. These are going to be painted and also added to the car
6) Complete refinish of paint “Silver Grey”
7) New set of wind wings.

I just received my MDS Ignition and blaster 2 coil in the mail and am hoping the throttle response cam will also arrive today. I am also waiting on the two-gauge pod for my windows a frame and I will add in the Air/fuel digital gauge and a fuel pressure digital gauge and install as soon as it arrives. Then all that will be left to work on is adding in the K&N air filter as well as getting the injectors cleaned and matched, and I will be complete!

Pictures and a complete description of the work and history will be available soon thanks to the folks here at Rennlist and the free web page area for those of us who are members. SO join as soon as possible this site is very much worth the 17 bucks spent.

THE ONLY THING LEFT TO DO IS GET A SET OF 17” TURBO TWIST WHEELS and tires to replace the stock phone dials and new yolks.

I wanted to ensure that the car was in perfect mechanical shape before installing any kind of performance up grades or stereo equipment at all.
I have an 87 944 N/A. Here is the list of the work and parts that I have replaced or had worked on in the past four months.
1) New spring type clutch and pressure plate
2) Replaced torque tube with used “ Old bearings making noise”
3) Blew trans replaced with Turbo Trans out of another 87
4) New Rebuilt wrack and power steering pump
5) New Catalytic converter and muffler stock replacement with O2 sensor
6) Replaced bearings in front
7) New set of Yoks
8) New set of struts in front “I do not remember the type but slightly better than stock “
9) New shocks in rear
10) Complete motor maintenance including new cap, rotor, plus wire set and crossfire plugs
11) Valve cover seal
12) Replaced Oil pressure sensor
13) This Tuesday I will have replaced the timing belts and the motor mounts
14) Replacing water pump with new factory OEM at the same time
15) Replacing outer power steering and alienator/AC belt as well
16) Also replacing the engine temp sensor reticently discovered as bad
17) I have had a full four wheel and thrust alignment on the car and it drives true
Recent decisions on repairs are as follows.
1) Steering Control arms and ball joints will be replaced with new and all bushings in front are going to be replaced with neoprene replacements.
2) Adding anti roll bar from a Turbo 944 in rear and replacing bushings with Neoprene replacements
3) Adding front strut tower brace new to stiffen up front end during breaking
4) Ordered a front and rear set of Zimmerman cross drilled rotors for front and a set for the rear will follow by spring
5) Replacing break lines with OEM steel breaded version of same.
6) Calipers are being removed and rebuilt this Monday and new low break dust pads are being added
Interior replacements to be complete by spring
1) Door seals new replacement
2) Outer window felt replacement
3) Inner window felt replacement
4) Upper windows felt replacement
5) Lower windows channel felt
6) Rear Hatch seal
7) Sun roof seal
8) Side carpet strip moldings
9) Door handle seals
10) Rear hatch lock Seal
11) Turn signal lenses in front replacing with new
12) Both Door glass being replaced because of scratches on old glass
13) Adding the original Porsche Decal on rear of car
14) Adding original Porsche rock guards to car “Complete set”
15) New hood crest and seal
16) Replacing All Carpet with New Domestic carpet kits complete with rear hatch set and new push tabs
17) Ordered factory original floor mats to match car
18) Changing to white face instrument dials on dash
19) Replacing the original steering wheel with a Porsche CS thee spoke Racing wheel with new emblem
20) Re keying entire car Tuesday with factory original numbers and new factory original keys with Porsche crest and push button light
Recently completed…
All belts
Timing belts
Front seals
Engine mounts
Valve cover gasket
New water pump
New thermostat
New temp sensor
There is more that I will do but after I get past this spring like having rear windows faded and getting new rebuilt windshield wiper arms, having the door window motors cleaned and greased. Things like that

Well, now that the car is running in almost top condition it is time to get to the custom stereo, as I love my music as much as I love my 944. In any case I need to hear suggestion from those of you out there who have installed custom system in your cars for ideas and location for the equipment. My objective is to make the install look as factory as a full blown install could possibly look so I am going to extreme measures to install this system with out hindering the cars performance nor its handling characteristics. “I.E keeping the weight down for the sub box and installing the amps in such a way the added weight wont throw off the cars balance. The following is a list of components that are being installed.
The deck Is going to be an Eclipse. I have yet to choose the model.
Boston Acoustics Pro 6.5.4 separates in front W/crossovers.
Single BA Pro 6’s in rear sides for back fill.
Two-JL audio 10 W3’s for subs crossed at the amp.
I have the new JL audio 1X500 for the subs and a 4X300 for the rest.
I am supplementing the power with a 1 farad Digital Cap to reduce both engine noise and reduce power draw on the current electrical system.
Old 02-01-2002, 11:48 AM
Jason_86_951
Drifting

Holy crap!!

Do you want to borrow my car for awhile, it could use some loving like that.

Old 02-01-2002, 01:18 PM
Dave
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Impressive list, I hope you plan to keep it for a while .
Mine's in right now for a trans, motor mounts, install Turbo S swaybars, "ande let me know if it needs anything else".
Old 02-01-2002, 02:20 PM
Tabor
Drifting

Wow your lists look like my lists. It is too bad that the weather seal cost so much $$$
Old 02-01-2002, 02:58 PM
keith
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post pics of the new bodywork - Tasteful choices!

Quick Reply: Whoooooo Hoooooo!