Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Simple DIY - Sway bar braces

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 05:54 PM
Turb-OH Brad
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robstah
from a safety standpoint, this bracket is a must, no? Especially on older cars? So based off of the above, are you just going around introducing fear so people will buy needless brackets for $40?
I'm not sure how you are driving, but I would hardly call a broken sway bar bracket a "safety hazard". Sure, it'll clunk like crazy, and it'll possibly introduce a little more oversteer to the car, but it isn't ZOMG SCARRYYY!

Chill out a little, bro.

If I wanted to make these things out of bubble gum and charge 400 dollars for them, it is well within my right to do so. If I decide that after none of them sell, I want to redesign them in titanium and sell them for nineteen cents, that is also my right. Travis makes them, so Travis can charge whatever he wants.

The glory of a free market is that if YOU want to get off your butt and supply a competitive component at a lower price, it is your right to do so.

If Walmart increases the price of their tomatoes, don't accuse them of Tomato Price Gouging, go plant your own damn tomatoes.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:58 PM
Reimu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All this other crap aside you have to admit the 944 world lacks competition. You can buy the same things from 5 different vendors and they'll all be pretty much spot on the same in price. And most of the R&D and new stuff (at least these days) seems to come from regular owners.

Maybe they're all working together!
Its a conspiracy I tells ya
Old 02-14-2013, 06:08 PM
Dougs951
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I ordered a set for spares.

Robstah, Come up to 944Fest, and see how much Travis and Rennbay do for the 944 community.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:43 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why should I have to travel many miles to see how Travis helps the community once a year? Shouldn't that be expressed through his business anyway? Do I really have to go to a certain event to see someone's good side? Is that because people like Travis have no problems cutting someone down over a medium like the internet and yet is a nice guy in the real world? Give me a break.
Take it down a notch, man. You are easily the most negative poster in this forum. Why is that? How can you sustain that and still stick around?
Old 02-14-2013, 07:06 PM
s14kev
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by pontifex4
Take it down a notch, man. You are easily the most negative poster in this forum. Why is that? How can you sustain that and still stick around?
I think you are right. Someone asked me to update one of my previous threads and reading through it I realized I have apologized to Robstah previously as well.

https://rennlist.com/forums/9331748-post24.html

Again, I only started this thread to encourage fellow rennlisters to try the DIY approach. I am sorry to Robstah that this has resulted in Travis discounting his product and that you feel you were overcharged. I can see that you are deeply hurt and upset by all of this and this was not the intention of this thread. It was merely a simple DIY. This is a great community and I hope you can at the end of the day smile again and see that.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:16 PM
Arominus
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The hater sauce is strong with rob.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:43 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Is that because people like Travis have no problems cutting someone down over a medium like the internet and yet is a nice guy in the real world? Give me a break.
Hum, if you act like this in person and I am still going to call you an idiot.

If you act like this at 944Fest on the other hand, you get an award. Seriously. You do. We have a category for this.

Rob, my number is in my sig if you would like to call me tomorrow and tell me more about why you are so hurt.
But, if you can't shed any more light on it besides what you have put here don't expect a different response...

Happy Valentines Day everyone!!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:51 PM
pops 83 944
Racer

Travis is a very stand up guy, I think he looks after his business and his customers, always willing to pass on a saving when it is good for his business and his customers! It is a vary hard business when you deal with auto parts, cars are something every one needs and not always have the money for ( was in the parts business for 15 years). I know every time Travis has a sale it is to benefit us, his customer. When you run your own business you walk a fine line, if you don't make enough money the you don't eat. Keep up the good work Travis, I always love your sales and look forward to them (some times have to scrape up the $ ) but it is always something I want at the best price with all the overhead that a small business has!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 11:04 PM
doc_
Instructor

Inadvertently, I brought back one of Travis', "sale" threads from years ago. As it turns out he still had a few and honored the temporary sale price.

He didn't have to do that at all, I have a lot of respect for the way this man does business.

I understand where you are coming from in your posts, but you're going about it all wrong my friend. No matter what he has said about anything you come back with a negative response. I'm not sure if your problem truely is with Travis, but either way...you have to stop taking it on on a man who was just showing good will.

Can't wait for my set to come in the mail, and this is coming from a guy who lives DIY out of necessity.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:06 PM
Scott 951
Pro

Travis,

Just got my package today!!!! Will be installing them on Monday!!!!

Thanks !!!!!

Scott
Old 02-16-2013, 04:30 PM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Darn... missed the deal. That's want I get for not checking this forum often enough!
Old 02-16-2013, 04:55 PM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Got mine today as well. Great service as always.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:00 PM
Reimu
Drifting

Got mine too, they look good. Especially for $16 shipped.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:55 PM
Turb-OH Brad
Pro

Mine arrived on Saturday. Very happy with them.

THANKS!
Old 02-18-2013, 09:54 PM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Very easy install, I think it was once of the easiest things I have ever put on the car. Great product, thanks again.

Quick Reply: Simple DIY - Sway bar braces