Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

other lists and sunroof

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2001 | 10:52 PM
B. Golladay
AutoX

Post other lists and sunroof

Hi everyone,
I'm brand new to this list. One thing I would like to ask is if there are any other lists that are good as well? I was subscribed to one a while back, but I forgot what it was called and it changed so I dont know what it is now.
I purchased my first Porsche in the great family of thier cars: a mostly stock '86 951. I bought it with 83k miles on it. I think it might be lowered and I have seen it has some Koni's on it, other than that I'm pretty sure its all stock.
The first problem I had was the sunroof not working. I took it in and they (dealer I bought it from) replaced a switch and it worked for a month or two and then broke again. I talked to them about it and they said there are 6 micro switches for it and they would have to check them, that that one went out and now a different one did. I don't want this to continue happening. How could I get a working sunroof in these hot summer months? Please let me know on any ideas to have this problem resolved for good.
Other than that I'm finding Porsche really did a great job with this car and I am really looking forward to owning more in the future! I love it!

Brian

86 951
01 Carrera GT (lol! I wish!)
Old 06-25-2001 | 11:22 PM
Dave
Race Car

While we're at it, does anyone know of a source for replacement microswitches. The closest dealer to me is quite a drive, and the parts dept. hours would require my taking a day off, so another source would be apreciated.
Old 06-25-2001 | 11:46 PM
Dave in Chicago
Rennlist Member

I bought a replacement microswitch for the center front (the one with the little wiring harness on it) from Vertexauto.com for about $19. So, you can get 'em mail order if you just call around the adds in Pano or Excellence.

Original Porsche part in factory bag. No affiliation, just a satisfied customer. Watch the credit card surcharge (there is one).

123k miles and closing in on Parade!

Quick Reply: other lists and sunroof