Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Urgent! I'm stuck on the fuel rail...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2002, 07:19 PM
ribs
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All right...I got the intake manifold off...but I cracked one of the 3 way t-connectors for some lines coming in and out of the fuel rail (they were threaded through the intake so they had to come off)...I guess i will need to be buying a new one of those. I didn't realize the dipstick rod was connected to the manifold, but I was in nice clothes, and I decided I didn't really want to futz with it, so I pulled it out, too. They were 5 mm hex bolts, not 4 like I had thought (sears will be getting a return of mercandise soon) holding the last braket of the manifold on.

I have never seen the turbo on my car all unexposed, but that stock turbo is tiny...it is smaller than I thought it would be.

I also took my injectors to the local performance tweaker shop ( <a href="http://www.evolutionmotorsports.net" target="_blank">http://www.evolutionmotorsports.net</a> ) to get them clean and balanced, and have new o-rings put on.

The engine bay is pretty grimey looking, so I will be taking some aluminum safe degreaser and hitting all of that stuff up probably tomorrow.

Thats it for now...5 minutes of work, I managed to pull the manifold off and crack a t line. I'm getting good at this. Later.
Old 02-01-2002, 07:25 PM
IanM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you think a K26 looks small, take a look at an Audi or VW 1.8 turbo. They are ridiculously tiny. So tiny that they look "cute".

Quick Reply: Help! Urgent! I'm stuck on the fuel rail...