Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

injecrtor removal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2002, 10:23 PM
Andre
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post injecrtor removal?

ok i removed my injectors and am sending them in to be cleaned and i had a couple of questions.

1. One of my injectors was leaking pretty bad, the #2 cylinder. I could tell because there was fuel stains all around the injector. Anyways my question is....what causes an injector to leak?is it gaskets?in which case i assume that they will fix it when i send them in for cleaning or is there something more serious that is wrong?

2. when i pulled the fuel rail off, the injectors stayed in the intake manifold. there are supposed to be pins that hold them in to the fuel rail right?are there pins somewhere in my engine bay or what?i had to pull pretty hard(barely got it off) but when i did get it off the fuel rail came off without any of the injectors.

thanks
andre
Old 01-30-2002, 10:51 PM
David Salama
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 9 Posts
Andre,

The injectors have o-rings on the top and bottom which should be replaced and I believe should stop the external leaking. As far as the clips, yes, they are present and help hold the top of the injector to the rail. They are square on the outside with a partial circle inside. Perhaps they are still on the injectors if your rail separated without pulling the injectors out of the intake manifold.
Old 01-31-2002, 10:25 AM
Michael Stephenson
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I replaced my injectors two of the old injectors stayed in the rail and two stayed in the engine. I had already removed the connectors referenced by David Salama before I removed the rail.

I used this procedure to do the installation:
<a href="http://porsche-944-garage.tripod.com/" target="_blank">944 Garage</a>
The instruction are under “944 Shop Manual”

Quick Reply: injecrtor removal?