Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S.F./Bay Area Pizza Run Sat. 24 November!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2001, 11:13 PM
DanD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Deni and Andrew,
It's too bad any of us had problems, it was a fun day. And Deni's ballet shot is a forever video in my mind. Sorry I can't transfer it to tape.

(for those who wern't there, Dan N. had the camera on his dash, but he was behind me pointing the wrong way.)

I still haven't checked for damage, but I think it survived. The car is filthy. I think I'll go wash it for our next storm.

Jim showed me a new road (Calaveras Rd) that went by Calaveras Resevoir. It was a much higher risk road than the HW 9 area. No guard rails and severe drops on the side. Might use it someday to get around the heavy 680 traffic. My personal favorite is Patterson Pass Rd. It's actually a shortcut sometimes, if not, at least it's a fun commute.
Old 11-26-2001, 11:21 PM
Doc
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Well I have to say that even though it sounded like a great time, I have to admit I'm glad I didn't attempt to tag along. As low as my car is and considering how worn my street tires are, I probably would have ended up regretting it.

...Not to mention, I'd have looked pretty odd driving with all of you in a track car with all the decals.
Old 11-27-2001, 12:02 AM
DanD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

Well Doc,
If you were along, maybe those cops might have decided to follow us. As it was, even though they knew where we were going, they left us alone. We had at least 2 cars with roll bars and the 3"+ exhaust on the 928 GTS was very 'nice'. We get too much respect...

Danno, more picts please!
Old 11-27-2001, 12:02 AM
fletch.
Instructor

OK, why do we have to wait a year to get these get togethers together? How about doing another one very soon? I think we have enough support to do one of these ever 3 months? Maybe a different trip every quarter?

Am I out of line or do we have the support to get something going for say next month? Napa valley/highway one? what do you say.
Old 11-28-2001, 12:00 AM
deni durrell
Three Wheelin'

i'm up for another get-together, provided it doesn't rain and that i've got new tires by then i've never had the pleasure of meeting so many 944 guys - in ONE pizza joint!

fletch - what about an LA thing? (we know you're trying to make up for not being there - but it *was* dangerous nonetheless)

cheers-
Old 11-28-2001, 11:47 AM
vic
Track Day

Yeah Fletch, good idea.
I would have loved to run up rout 9 with you guys but I was waiting to receive my control arm bushings from OG and they still haven't arrived. The car has been on blocks for a couple weeks now, the poor thing. I'm bummed I missed the get-together; hopefully something can be arranged again soon! Maybe over 17 and South on HWY 1?

Quick Reply: S.F./Bay Area Pizza Run Sat. 24 November!!!