Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radiator Pressurizing Tool/air removal tool???? Or can I fab. one???

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2001, 06:56 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
Cool Radiator Pressurizing Tool/air removal tool???? Or can I fab. one???

Just a thought. Is there a Radiator pressurizing tool, say like a cap, that will help get any air pockets out of your car?This would be great as the "milking" method and the "mouth to mouth" are such a pain. Have y'all seen such a tool?

Or, I'm thinking I may be able to fab one by buying a new cap. Drilling a small hole in it with my Dremel tool that will fit a Basketball pump needle in the hole. Then seal the hole up (needel connected, ofcourse) with silicone. This could be used in conjunction with a hand pump to help bleed the radiator,,,,,,,,,,,,couldn't it? Seems like it's doable. Anyone with a better idea? Or, comments????????
Old 11-14-2001, 07:10 PM
Tabor
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, such tools do exist. But they are spendy. $100+, but they come with a pressure gauge, and the pump. They are meant for pressure testing the system.
Old 11-15-2001, 05:49 AM
Hans
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As tabor: they exist.
Mine is a cap (old) with a "tubless tire valve"(dont know the correct name, Schraeder valve?).
I used the complete assembly, incl the rubber part that normally goes in the rim.
I use the car's electrical pump to pressurise. For pressure checking, the valve is taken out so the indicator responds.

Does not make bleeding of the coolant circuit faster though, just a bit less difficult. Milking is still required....

Quick Reply: Radiator Pressurizing Tool/air removal tool???? Or can I fab. one???