Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else going to SEMA in Vegas next week???

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 02:48 PM
F40LM
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else going to SEMA in Vegas next week???

Going to Vegas this Sunday for the SEMA and APPEX shows next week.

http://www.semashow.com/

http://www.aapexshow.com/aapex2012/public/enter.aspx

We fly back out on Thursday night I believe.

Just wondering by chance if any other '944 heads' will be lurking around, you never know. I have never been to SEMA before and the better half was iching to see Vegas again.

If you are attending the shows or are a Vegas 944 guy and know of anything else cool going on while I am there drop me a note.

michael
Old 10-22-2012, 05:06 PM
LUCKYJACKASS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may be going, but not sure as of yet. There's alway's tons of stuff to do out here. What other things are you looking to get into? The car museum at Imperial Palace is a good time, Shelby museum/factory tour, and plenty of other car related things to do out here. There are tons of non car related activities as well.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:21 AM
runamuk86
Cruisin'

I'll be there thursday and friday. Ask around at booths-most of them throw parties of some sort. usually tue-thursday nights. Usually at hotels or clubs. And if you are still there on friday-all the cars leave the show and drive down the street in front of the convention center. It is something you'll never forget.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:10 AM
F40LM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LUCKYJACKASS
I may be going, but not sure as of yet. There's alway's tons of stuff to do out here. What other things are you looking to get into? The car museum at Imperial Palace is a good time, Shelby museum/factory tour, and plenty of other car related things to do out here. There are tons of non car related activities as well.
Sorry should have been more specific. Have been to Vegas twice before, never been to SEMA. Did the Ferrari thing over at the Wynn, is it still there? Hit Exotics Racing last time, took a Lambo Galardo for a spin and checked out the Shelby museum while I was out that way. Never did the one at the IP gonna hit it this trip, they even have free tickets for that you can download off the web site. Is this the same collection that use to be over in Ceasars, saw it our first trip many moons ago.

We always recommend vegas to folks who have never been. Alot more to it than gambling. My wife and I waren't 'real' gamblers. We start off with say $60 bucks each at a penny or nickle slot and when its gone its gone. If it last five minutes or five hours so be it. Thats it for that day as far as gambling for us.

Any other suggestions much appreciated. If either of you attend send me a PM, out here in the sticks and swamps of Mississippi 944 guys are harder to find than Bigfoot.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:22 PM
Duston944
Instructor

Working on the COPO display for Sema/aapex, We have the GM account for their displays. Built a Faux oversized Hot Wheels track to display two camaros new and old school. Love to walk the show,but too busy this year. NHRA in town also, gotta love Vegas.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:54 PM
LUCKYJACKASS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by F40LM
Did the Ferrari thing over at the Wynn, is it still there?
Never did the one at the IP gonna hit it this trip, they even have free tickets for that you can download off the web site. Is this the same collection that use to be over in Ceasars, saw it our first trip many moons ago.
Yes, the Ferrarri thing is still at the Wynn. I am not sure about the Imperial Palace collection being from Ceasar's previously.

I will let you know if I make it out there this weekend. It should happen, but I haven't taked to my friend who gets us in yet. Where in the Mississippi sticks are you coming in from? I lived in Vicksburg when I was a kid....
Old 10-23-2012, 09:39 PM
F40LM
Rennlist Member

A one horse town named Sallis. In Attala county.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:41 PM
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm pretty sure I'll be going... Probably hook up with Jackass and Polecat.

Quick Reply: Anyone else going to SEMA in Vegas next week???