Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use Brey-Krause Front Control arm brace

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 08:22 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Anyone use Brey-Krause Front Control arm brace

Just wondering if anyone has fitted one and what your impressions are ?
I use the full under tray and am wondering if it will still be able to be used with the brace ? I am going to add a strut brace so was thinking this might be a good addition too but as it isn't cheap some feed back would be great.
I am also wondering about what is involved in fitting the brace and if anyone could post pics of one fitted
Link
TIA
peace
Cyberpunky
Old 08-19-2012, 08:37 AM
Eric_Oz_S2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have one fitted. With my 350 front springs, M030 sway and strut brface, I'll be honest and say I didn't notice much difference (there was a difference, just not as big I thought there would be). My car is predominantly track and I run Hoosier R6 tyres. You can leave the undertray on. It runs just behind the sump. You will need to ensure you get the updated version if you run 968 style caster blocks. These are higher and require longer bolts and use different brackets. If you order from Mark at OG racing and let him know he should be able to porovide the later brackets and bolts. Fitting is a little difficult (it was for me), as I struggled to get the bolts to line up with the holes. No pictures at the moment, but I can try and take some if you like.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:02 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Cheers Eric. I wonder if it would make a little more difference on my car that doesn't have a beefed up suspension like yours ? I guess it is probably overkill for a street car, and will probably just go the strut tower brace, at first anyway. I was originally thinking I may get both to save on shipping but if it's a pain to fit and doesn't do much I might put it on the back burner. Photos would be cool but don't bother if it's a hassle
peace
Cyberpunky
Old 08-20-2012, 08:39 AM
J1NX3D
Three Wheelin'

Received 116 Likes on 80 Posts

i got one from rsbarn. havent fitted it yet though.
http://www.rsbarn.com/control-arm-brace.html

Quick Reply: Anyone use Brey-Krause Front Control arm brace