Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

951 back down again, but parts ready! If only it wasn't so hot outside...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012 | 06:59 PM
Sentinelist
Pro

Default 951 back down again, but parts ready! If only it wasn't so hot outside...

It's 105*F right now, and we haven't even hit our high yet today. Regardless, I took the day off to catch up on a few things, one of them being a fresh coolant leak after my recent heater control valve blowout. After replacing the coolant reservoir last month, I must have tweaked the upper of the two larger hoses on it in a bad way as coolant was literally spraying out of the middle of it. Not pleased, but not too upset as this would be another cheap and easy fix (hey, keep them coming I guess?). Thanks to Kirk at Zims Autotechnik, I went and got his last hose in stock just now for $10 in person. I'll put that in late tonight perhaps.

BUT NOT SO FAST. While underhood discovering my new leak, my eagle eye attention on my OE fuel lines for months just paid off. The line closest to the firewall just started to weep at its rubber connection point. No drops, but it's damp. Already have new braided steel lines from Lart, so I'll get those put on as well now.

I just need the temp under 95*F and I'm good to go in the garage- it faces west. Unfortunately, 95*F was the reading at midnight last night... At least my AC is working well now.
Old 08-01-2012 | 07:52 PM
xsbank
Racer

I just left Grapevine after 3 weeks of baking in that same sun. I enjoyed my visit but its nice to be able to go outside again. Nice catch on the fuel lines - Lart?
Old 08-01-2012 | 08:15 PM
Sentinelist
Pro

Glad you got back safe and enjoyed your stay- I should have mentioned you to Kirk if that's who you spoke with while here. Wish I was enjoying Quebecoi (?) weather right now as well. Yep, the fuel lines are from Lart's shop- well known guy on here for 944 parts though I got them from him through eBay.

Hit 106 today, just like yesterday. It's actually pointless checking the forecast. Still not as bad as last summer (yet) when we had 40+ days in a row of this.

EDIT: new hose on this evening, leak gone, fuel line returned to dry, had to go for a quick drive... ok now it's really down until I change those.

Last edited by Sentinelist; 08-02-2012 at 02:31 AM.

Quick Reply: 951 back down again, but parts ready! If only it wasn't so hot outside...