Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Baby Boomers Toy

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 12:38 AM
ernie9468
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking Baby Boomers Toy

When over to an old school friend of mine this afternoon,we both got our new toys at the same time a couple years ago.Myself just an upgrade from a 944 na to a 968,his from a Pontiac Fiero GT to a SKY turbo with the 260 hp version.Well as you can guess no way either one of us wouldn't try to impress the other with his new ride(we use to do it with girlfriends) but lol a long time ago if my memory serve me rigth.But back to the subject ,anyway I took first turn with me behind the wheel,no way I'll let this guy even being a good friend get hold of my CS steering.Once on the road start to open her up but at around 90 mph got a wave to slow down darn the 968 is just warming up at that speed,guess what scare the sh@*t out of him him is the little slalom trying to show him how sturdy the car was & what a well sort out suspension is all about.Turn back & got to his place & guess what he's handing me his car keys (lol trusty friend),First impression behind the wheel is that you just enter a cocoon & your looking at a lot of gadgets compare to the 968,even though tach /speedo is pretty well located,sitting is high compare to Porsche but what threw me off is the width look very wide from the inside wider than a 944/968.Fire her up & here once again you can barely hear the motor running very very smooth.It's an auto with a little red ligth that follow the gears position & is very visible even with the top down & the sun shinning in.Took of & once on the way was told to put my foot down which I did,surprise no kick in the back (versus the 951) once the turbo start spooling. But yes the speedo is lively & going up fast but the car seem to be missing something very important (torque).On the way back at around 60 mph coudn't keep myself from going into a little slalom.One word soft very soft suspension.Final impression not a bad ride interior decent even with the gadgets,will I buy one NO because the moral of this story is that there is two kind of baby boomers ,the hard core such as me who will put aside comfort for perfomance & the soft core who will choose a SKY or Solstice ect for a more cozy ride.Still I do respect my friend choice probably trying to bring back memories of is last true roadster a Triumph TR4.

Last edited by ernie9468; 02-04-2013 at 06:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Baby Boomers Toy