Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cool keyless entry add-on find

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 07:47 PM
Squatting Ninja
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cool keyless entry add-on find

Adding keyless entry to my S2 which already has central locking and I hate the idea of having a dangly remote, I came across this yesterday and ordered it, they have the correct key blanks too!

No affiliation with the seller but it was a cool find so I thought its worth the share!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Remote-Key...item53eaa86a06

Ill let you know what its like when it arrives, I also ordered the window rollup kit with it (4 door version) and will try and hook up one of the extra outputs to my sunroof

Enjoy!
Old 04-20-2012, 08:12 PM
Aussie944S
Instructor

Awesome,

i want something similar.... also been looking at RFID so i dont need keys at all

Can you document your install so i can see how you jazzed it up with the sunroof and all.

cheers

peace out
Old 04-20-2012, 08:19 PM
Squatting Ninja
Advanced

Originally Posted by Aussie944S
Awesome,

i want something similar.... also been looking at RFID so i dont need keys at all

Can you document your install so i can see how you jazzed it up with the sunroof and all.

cheers

peace out
Yeh will do! Ill make an easy how-to for everyone with pics Should be here next week and ill install it same or next day, ill keep you posted
Old 04-20-2012, 10:11 PM
jpk
Burning Brakes

That's the "right click" system. I put that system in my Audi about a year or so ago. Although it works, I'm a little disappointed with the quality of the remotes; the key will not latch in the closed position anymore, so it's always out. The plastic tab that the spring loaded button is supposed to catch on is broken. On both remotes.
Also, the instructions and diagrams they provide leave a lot to be desired. Luckily, some folks n the quattroworld forums figured everything out and posted instructions that can be followed.
I will say that the company in the UK is pretty good to deal with; shipping was quicker than I expected (I think I got it less than a week after ordering) and when I contacted support to point out they sent me VW emblem stickers instead of the AUDI emblems I requested, they sent some out promptly without any hassles. I just wish they had a better quality remote.

I forgot to mention that I was going to order a system for the 968, but since I already have the bulldog remote and it's working fine, I don't see any reason to switch to the right click.

Quick Reply: Cool keyless entry add-on find