Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What a difference that made!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Hollywood D
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a difference that made!!

So I just got done changing the S/R sensors, replaced all the large vacuum lines with new silicone hoses. I had already changed the smaller ones a while ago. New dme temp sensor, new auxiliary air valve, I changed the stupid cone filter to the correct air box (and a fresh air filter). Put on new manifold gaskets and had the injectors serviced by Witchhunter. I also resealed the throttle body and got a new j-boot.

I think that was it. It took me at least a month to finish it. I don't like to be in the garage when it's only 20 degrees out so I had a lot of wasted days due to weather. It idles much better. Throttle response seems to be better. I used to get this weird banshee squeal on a cold startup that isn't there anymore. I didn't get a chance to drive it yet though. One of the tires went halfway flat from sitting too long.

I'm surprised my original S/R sensors worked at all. The rear one had about an 1/8" of gunk on the bottom of it. The injectors don't appear to be leaking so that's definitely good. And it started the first time too!

Now it's time for a beer and a cigar
Old 03-06-2012, 08:04 PM
John_AZ
Proprietoristicly Refined
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Enjoy!

You've posted a lot of information to help others.

The cars need to be maintained and driven.

John
Old 03-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Hollywood D
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, working on it is stress relief for me. Well most of the time anyways.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:22 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,065 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Getting a car to run properly after working on it for a while is approximately the same feeling when you have to hold in a poop for way to long and finally make it home. The sense of relief is unrivaled!

Yes, I did just compare working on a car to pooping. Sue me!

Quick Reply: What a difference that made!!