Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharged 944, have a bunch of questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 05:01 PM
BReif61
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by blown 944
Personally I'd move the throttle body to before the blower. Having instant pressure in the boost tubes requires using a bov at lo low spring pressure.

In regards to tuning, things have come a little ways in sure since this was put together.

I'd contact rogue or vittesse, either way you want to have a map sensor in the system to adjust timing. These two things should get you running pretty good. Josh (rogue) did a custom maf setup for me that idled perfect and had great afrs throught the rpms and boost.

I've since decided to focus on one car do the sc car is gone. But I do miss the way it took off
I've never seen a centrifugal blower with the TB pre-inlet; is that a common thing to do?

I'll do some research on Rogue. I looked at the latest Vitesse (SMT8?) already but haven't really heard much about it in practical application.

I'll double check on the MAP sensor; I do not believe there is one but I'll just double check.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:07 PM
BReif61
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by V2Rocket_aka944
the rogue kit will help you tremendously - no more fooling with signals to make things seem right. reasonable pricing and a very helpful guy.
Which rogue kit would be the most beneficial? I see M-'s, A-'s, I remember reading about an N-...

Consensus from reading other threads seem to be that the Vitesse MAF is a keeper, while the SMT6 is the weak point, correct?
Old 03-27-2012, 12:00 AM
BReif61
Rennlist Member

Just wanted to update this for a sense of resolution.

I spoke to John from Vitesse, who was very helpful despite being a second hand customer (this seems to be a point of contention on the forum), and was great to work with. We discussed the set up and got the chipboard reflashed for the upgraded injectors and compression. I also installed a fixed-rate 3bar FPR instead of my unknown origin adjustable FPR, swapped out the plugs, and she fired right up.

I still have a little tuning to do, as it is idling and no-load/vacuum revving in the 11.0-13.0 AFR range, but that's going smoothly now that the adjustments are reasonable and logical.

Thanks to all who helped out.

Quick Reply: Supercharged 944, have a bunch of questions