Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Only 310WHP what gives?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 10:36 AM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 80sriy
I bought the LR 340 RWHP kit and their crate motor. $ 12000 later. No after sales support. The motor had to be rebuit because of engine leaks. the power was about 250 RWHP. Beware of LR. Very bad ppl. The Mafterburner is abosolute rubbish. Mafterburner is not around any longer (no surprise). LR won't replace the defectvie parts even though they have some in stock.

Lindsey is a big advertising show but low on actual delivery - bad bad ppl
This is your second post bashing us. Why don't you tell us who you are so we can verify you exist. Based on your comment above which are not accurate, I assume you hadn't purchased anything from us. We give after sales support, during the sales support, and support to people who just call asking questions before any sales, and to those who aren't buying anything. We even support our competitions customers at times. 11 years and running, we are always available. Our real customers ALL know that. So I assume your not and never were a customer of ours.

Our 340 kit does 340 as advertised, and more for some. If you're not getting 340 with those parts, then either the engine is real tired, or you're doing something wrong. Maybe a piece mailed together kit that isn't quite right.

We can de-tune a 340 kit to get 250, but would have to be really really making a lot of intentional mistakes to do so. Many of our customers make mistakes. We expect that as they don't do this all the time. We are always there to help them straighten it out. But since the car is not in front of us, some times it's not one quick phone call.

The Mafterburner is a great product. Very easy to tune with. We don't make the Mafterburner. We wish we had 100 more but the manufacturer has discontinued it. We have been out for quite some time so once again, you're talking rubbish.

If you had actually spent that kind of dollars with us, (and we know you didn't because everything you say is the opposite of what we do and who we are), you would of had your calls and questions answered even if we were sitting on the toilet.

So again, who are you?
Other 1-405-947-0137
Old 11-16-2011, 10:54 AM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeengo
Hi Folks,

I have a question,

I have a 951 with the following mods on it and I am not seeing the performance advertised by Lindsey Racing.

The car has everything in the LR 340WHP kit

Mafterburner
67mm turbo
DP WasteGate
Manual Boost Controller
55lb Injectors
LR Chips
3" Exhaust with 3" Downpipe
UEGO2000 WBO2
3.0 Bar FPR

I was having tuning issues with the mafterburner, so I replaced that with the PSC01-004 from split second.

I was only able to get 297whp with the mafterburner (19psi), I replaced it with the SplitSecond unit and tuned it perfectly as you can see in the dynosheet. I only gained 13WHP total after the tune but gained about 30WHP in the 4000+ range. The SS unit gave me a total of 310WHP (19psi) with a close perfect A/F ratio and the car literally drives like a new car, no stumbling, idles great and has no hesitation.

My question is why am I not seeing the numbers LR advertises with their kit. Also seems kind of low (WHP wise) considering what mods the car has.

My compression is 148, 148, 145, 148 (also performed a leak down test...flawless)
I don't think its a fuel delivery problem since the A/F is spot on.
I doubt its the MAF or airflow problem, again A/F doesn't indicate that as a problem.
Boost does not drop at all (i have an Autometer data logging boost/vac gauge)

What I suspect to be the problem is

Possibly something in regards to timing, maybe in the chips?

What would be an expected Wheel Horse Power figure with the above mentioned mods. The car runs great and I am suspect of the dyno sheets and figures all these sites are conveying to the masses. most of the sites are indicating more than 300WHP on cars with just chips and higher boost or chips exhaust and MAF.

I would really appreciate any and all suggestions/comments in regards to my problem.

God Bless
You say all the parts of a LR340 kit, but really it's not how the kit was sold. I assume this is pieced together over time, perhaps 2nd hand, and not bought from us as a kit? So perhaps you're chips are wrong for the turbo and/or injectors etc... Based on your list, if set up right, and assuming the parts are correct and matched, you should be knocking on 400 RWHP +/-. So something wasn't set up right. And still isn't. You spent some time tuning, and got a few more HP, but you're still down a huge amounts of power. Keep looking. It's there somewhere.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:58 AM
HJK
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 80sriy
I bought the LR 340 RWHP kit and their crate motor. $ 12000 later. No after sales support. The motor had to be rebuit because of engine leaks. the power was about 250 RWHP. Beware of LR. Very bad ppl. The Mafterburner is abosolute rubbish. Mafterburner is not around any longer (no surprise). LR won't replace the defectvie parts even though they have some in stock.

Lindsey is a big advertising show but low on actual delivery - bad bad ppl
Not my experience with Lindsey at all, ever. Always there for you and backing up their stuff, just sayin....

Henk
Old 11-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Richgreenster
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike and Dave Lindsey have always been over the top on customer service to me. I have had my motor personally rebuilt by them and have been on the phone many times with questions on my car. They always will help me above what is required in my book. I really find it hard to believe that they would not help you. Give them a call if you need help before bashing them here on the forum.

Quick Reply: Only 310WHP what gives?