Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fs: stock 944 turbo intercooler

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 11:23 AM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock
He's not lying. He has tons of stuff like this.

I went there once to pick up a convertible top, and he LOADED the car down with really expensive stuff at no cost. A set of 16' phone dials, brand new Pagid Black brake pads front and rear, a lot of really hard to find cabriolet parts and more.

Nick is a good guy. I think like a lot people, he is done with the 944 scene. Just think of all the people who used to be on here selling loads of stuff who no longer post.

I kind of have the same problem with 944 parts. Everything on a 944 is "Worth" a lot of money. If it's worth so much, how come nobody buys it? Lets take the cars themselves for instance. If I were selling an 86 951 in 5/10 shape for 8500, you guys would think I'm batshet crazy. I'd get offers saying it was worth 3k tops.

Now say it were your car. Allofasudden the bish is worth 10k. Even if he didn't junk that crap, he would be offered 10 dollars for everything and if he declined, you guys would say things like "Good luck with the sale!" or the classic "Damn! If I hadn't just bought my cat a new litter box, I'd jump on it in a second!
point taken. My first post still stands though. I hate throwing away rusty broken stock parts because in the back of my mind im thinking someone, somewhere might need it, so i'll offer it for shipping. To think he threw away not only usable parts but NIB parts boggles the mind.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 97 Posts

My point is that the thread title is "fs: stock 944 turbo intercooler" which is not a part many are in the market for. If you have one already you probably will never need another and if you need an IC the stock 951 piece, which IMO excellent, is not really very marketable.

If you have other sought after parts put them in the title to your post or just make an FS post with no specifics in the title.
"FS: 951 rear valance, S/S2 AFM, Fuchs..." probably would have gotten more hits and less good stuff would have gotten tossed.

The only reason I looked at this thread was because I have a stock 951 IC laying around and wondered if this one was going to sell.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:03 PM
Epic2112
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed. Nick, if you need to get rid of stuff and you're just throwing it out let me know and I'll come by and load up my car with stuff and happily buy you dinner or something.

Quick Reply: fs: stock 944 turbo intercooler