Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car flooding with water. again.

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 02:53 AM
Yummybud924
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow car flooding with water. again.

one of the things that has bugged me with this car since I bought it are water leaks. so far I have replaced teh sunroof seal, cleaned all drains. resealed the battery tray and painted with por15.

also I took out both rear window seals and I siliconed the glass to the seal and put the seals back into the body. that fixed my rear seats getting soaked and the battery tray reseal fixed my passenger side rear foot area from getting flooded.

but...... one area I have not been able to fix. the driver side rear foot area is getting filled with water when it rains. teh back seat is not getting weat even the carpet is not getting wet.

so i took out my driver seat to see where water gets in. I sprayed teh car with a garden hose for a wile then I saw water coming from somewhere under teh dash near the stereo area and flowing to teh back food area (driver sid). so it's not the battery area or else teh passenger side would get flooded.

all I could think off is the heating unit where it seals into the body (under the hood) must leak. so last year I just put asphalt undercoating all around where it seals and that stopped the leak actually I think (or I thought) but then it started again and I just gave up. It would be way too much work to take out the heating unit and the dash to properly fix it.

now I don't knwo what to lol. I just put a shamwow in the back foot area behind my driver seat and change shamies once it gets soaked (overnight when it rains). good thing is my seats and carpets aren't getting soaked but it still sucks

i'm mostly worried about the floor rusting but so far it doesn't seem rusty thanks to beign galvenized but it's pretty much wet all fall and winter.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:56 AM
Arominus
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can pull just the upper heater area in the cowl on the late car without removing the dash. Its on my list of things i need to do, as i am getting water in my car the same way. It sucks.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:45 PM
Yummybud924
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put asphalt goop sealant all around the area where it seals so I doubt I can get it out ever lol. but might try when I have the time.

it's not too bad right now my actual carpets and seats are dry just water collecting in the back under the carpet. I just keep small towel under the carpet to catch the water. pretty ghetto but don't have the time to take **** apart right now.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:01 PM
snakoil
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is a bushing around where the 2 pipes of the heater go into the firewall
Mine was half disintegrated, part costs 5 $ at your local VW dealer(scirroco part)

Quick Reply: car flooding with water. again.