Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Toyo Tires

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 07:43 AM
mytrplseven
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

A couple of observations in passing. I had a couple of Toyo's on my Datsun (yep, not nissan) 240Z in the 70' and 80's and had very good mileage and handling from them. I know it's been years and tires quality and technology changes yearly but they were very good then. I have BFG G-Force Sports now and while they haven't gotten many miles on them (Cayman 17" wheels) My brief road tests have been acceptable. Waiting for a good downpour to see how they handle the water issue. On Firestone, I had the allignment checked and they gave me a printout that showed the camber and caster were near where they needed "attention" and were "near" the limits and as I was slowly wearing the fronts out. I took the Truck (Dakota) to Tire Kingdom and they showed me where the alignment really was and the truck tracks much better. You wonder who to trust where alignments are concerned. Maybe it's like doctors: get second and maybe their opinions. Anyhow, on to the belts....next project in a line of many.

Quick Reply: Toyo Tires