Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone recognize/use these aftermarket 951 parts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 01:40 AM
BlackOp
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone recognize/use these aftermarket 951 parts?

My new 951 has a couple of aftermarket parts...it looks like one is for a 996T. Also am I missing a line here or is it due to these parts?

Old 09-08-2011, 01:50 AM
Crackership
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackOp
My new 951 has a couple of aftermarket parts...it looks like one is for a 996T. Also am I missing a line here or is it due to these parts?
I think I can explain...

This is a diverter valve... It's made by Forge. Forge makes good stuff. They may say that it's for a 996TT, but really, it's a vacuum diaphragm with a spring in it... the spring is removable, and can be replaced with other springs for various boost pressures. If you have the right spring for your application, then it doesn't really matter what they "say" it's for, it'll work.

This is an oil vapor catch can. It looks like it's the Lindsey Racing one. You will find mixed reviews as to whether this is a good upgrade or not, but there are many people running them without issue... It's basic purpose is to route crankcase pressure (and the oil vapor that comes with it) to atmosphere instead of into the intake plumbing.

This is where the hose would go to reroute your crankcase pressure back into the intake... but, since you have the catch can, it's been deleted.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:56 AM
BlackOp
Burning Brakes

Thanks...that's kind of what I figured. It's going to take a bit for me to get up to speed with the turbo aspects of my car. I know my n/a but this is an entirely different animal.

All I know is this car runs great...and is fast. I need to pull my DME and see if its chipped.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:28 AM
BlackOp
Burning Brakes

What are the performance benefits of these two upgrades? If the car is only street driven..

Quick Reply: Anyone recognize/use these aftermarket 951 parts?