Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To 924 or not?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 09:10 AM
racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brakes? Rear drums? old lines, maybe a rust(ing) master cylinder. Maybe bad vacumn to the brake booster? Cruddy pads/worn shoes?
Old 05-30-2011, 09:15 PM
Korsair970
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted this on 924board, but I'll echo it here in case anyone's got a bead on any 924's.

In a very disappointing turn of events... I returned the car and got my money back.

The title just became a little too shady a little too fast, the guy selling it is screwing around too much and I'm not sure if he's playing dumb or just dumb. The owner before him is the real issue wanting nothing to do with it and it was never properly transfered to the guy I was buying from. Worse since I found out he had swapped the reg. and inspection from a parts car I'm thinking the title might be from that car too... never did find a VIN to match it to...

Well it's a really crappy first time buying a car ( well my first car doesn't count since I bought it from my cop neighbor...)

Needless to say I'm pretty pissed. Had the project all planned out and fell in love with the car. I'm thinking a black car with a Targa and carbs especially, is not going to be easy to find.

I'm staying with the 924 and upgrade it idea, but so far I can't find a single one in the North Texas area...

So how tough is it getting to find a 924 these days? And anyone selling/going to sell/know someone selling in or around the North Texas area?

Just my luck I'd find the perfect car and idiots are screwing around with the title.... At this point that guy has figured out he's screwed, and will probably part it but probably just crush it... perfectly good car will get killed for nothing.

Poor 924

At this point I think the best base for my project is a running 78' black with targa. I liked the carbs idea so much I'm going to add it to my project list. Now I just have to find one... or something close enough.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:44 AM
moorepower
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, that sucks, but at least you didn't lose any money on the deal.

Tell the guy you'll give him $100 for the carbs and intake manifold. Those carb conversion kits are getting hard to find, and they're quite pricey when you do find them.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:53 PM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Dude, I have been in your exact situation. Except I got stuck with the car; at least you got your money back. So don't be pissed, be grateful and relieved! You just avoided a million trips to DMV, terror every time you get pulled over, and not know whether anyone will ever buy the damned thing off of you!

Those carbs were cool though. A 924 without CIS is a 924 I'd like to try. Convince the owner to part out that pile of crap and make him an offer for the carb setup.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:11 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

okay i've skipped some of this thread but i wouldn't buy a 4 speed. my old man has a 5 speed red 924 and it goes well. well it did untill the CIS stopped working... we've got a 2nd 924 but it was auto. we ran (i forgot what brand, pretty sure webber) 2 twin barrel carbs on it and ran and sounded great.

but id look for the newer ones 1980 5 speed ones.

Quick Reply: To 924 or not?