Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Washer system woes

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 11:33 PM
SalzundPfeffer
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Washer system woes

I decided to pull my washer bottle to repair it due to a leak. In the process of pulling the bottle out and trying to disconnect the headlight washer pump, both headlight washer nozzles cracked in half. (The usual, 27 year old brittle plastic...)

I tried to glue them back together with JB weld, however, I cracked them again when I was reinstalling new hosing over the inlet barbs.

I don't think I will be successful using epoxy given the force required to get the hoses back on. I think I need to buy new nozzles.

Keeping in mind I have an '84.

1. It looks like automotion.com has replacement nozzles for ~$18 each. Kind of pricey considering my bottle is still weeping fluid a little.

2. Does anyone know of another supplier besides automotion for my early car?

3. Do any universal washer kits work that can be found at auto parts stores?

4. Does anyone want to sell me any of these components (headlight washer nozzles or a leak free bottle).

Without the tank completely sealed up, I don't really want to sink a whole lot of money into new headlight nozzles. If I had a leak free tank, I wouldn't mind. However, I'm having trouble justifying the cost of a new tank too.

I don't use the headlight washers much, but it just bugs me that I busted them off. You know how that goes. I'd like to see the function restored.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks,
-bp

'84 NA
Old 04-13-2011, 11:23 PM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got a leak-free washer tank from an '84. If you're interested I can snap some pics.

Quick Reply: Washer system woes