Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Polishing My Phone Dials

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 10:41 PM
sbolen113
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those look great too, I'm always a fan of full polished PD's. It is definitely more work to get the entire surface down to a polish worthy though, thats why I', leaning toward painting the inner part. Did you recondition those yourself or were they already on the car?
Old 04-14-2011, 10:54 PM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by sbolen113
... Did you recondition those yourself or were they already on the car?
Actually I bought those polished with a set of 80% Bridgestone SO-3 tires for $300 and kept my CCW's for another 951. I did strip and polish some early 15" PD's once and it was way too much work for my taste. PD's with dark or color matched centers with polished lips look great IMO and so much less work. Good luck on whatever you end up doing though.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:26 AM
sbolen113
Advanced

Yeah I am starting to get that impression myself, about the amount of work needed to fully polish. I'm going for the painted centers and save some freaking time, only so many hours in a day!.. I'm plaining on busting some butt on them this weekend. I'll get some pics up.
Old 12-26-2017, 11:46 AM
Wheel Doctor
1st Gear

Default Re-manufactured Wheels and Wheel Repair

Hello all, My name is Doc Wixson. I first became interested in re-manufactured wheels when driving DE's with the Peachstate PCA in Atlanta Georgia.
I bent a couple of wheels on my 2000 911C2 so I bought a set of Phone Dials for track days. Later I actually knocked a big chunk out
of the bead of one of the Phone Dials and chipped the finish of the rest of them. So instead of continually re-purchasing new ones (expensive),
I researched until I found a company who put out a fantastic product and who stood behind their work. I'm a bit **** so I wanted to be sure that no matter
what wheel, from which car, I brought in, that they would 100% Guarantee the factory color match. Oddly enough, I'm now working them. Go figure!

THE LOW DOWN:
DAMAGED WHEELS - Most wheels (including "Phone Dials" of course) can be "Refinished" / CNC Machined to factory spec, "Hyper Silvered", "Hand-Rub - Polished" to a high-gloss finish,
"Paint & Polished" any color, "Powder Coated" or many other custom iterations of the above processes! So you don't have to worry anymore
about damaging your wheels on rumble strips at the course or pot holes on your neighborhood streets. We are able to fix even the nastiest
of abuses! I'm not saying that there aren't ANY damaged wheels that we can't fix but I can probably count them on one hand. And it's very inexpensive,
compared to repurchasing, to have done.

We are based in Acworth Ga. and typically handle the Metro Atlanta area and the portions of the Southeastern. I'm not sure if I am permitted to post our company info in this forum so you
can probably just look us up by our location. I'd be happy to speak with you and offer advice.
There may be a qualified Wheel Re-manufacturing Center in your area as well. Just be sure to ask around at your local body shop or Car Club for references as to quality and guarantee.
Don't Lift!
Doc Wixson

Quick Reply: Polishing My Phone Dials