Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

odd problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 02:27 AM
Fintro11
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default odd problem

ok so i have a 88 n/a automatic, I was driving home when i stoped to turn off the high way i went to accelerate but if i pushed the pedal down too fast the car would rev then hesitate and not go faster just like nu nu nu nu nu :P
I drove home played with my spark plug wires and the car ran great.
Tonight i went for al little drive and it did this again i was on the highway doing 100 km/h if i tried to go above that it would do the same thing nu nu nu nu i then backed off the gas then floored it the car down shifted and took off, the car ran great again untill i got closer to home then i did the same thing and it worked.

my distributor cap wiggles around a little bit i am not sure if that is normal with the 944?
the other thing i think it could be is an injector maybe?

hopefully one of you guys have some good ideas of what could cause this
Old 03-23-2011, 02:36 PM
Fintro11
Pro

ran fine this morning half way home it started acting up gain tried backing off and flooring it that did not solve the problem like the other night made it home had it in park and reved it up it would not rev past 3.5 >.<
Old 03-23-2011, 02:39 PM
ZR8ED
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a fuel filter or maybe water/condensation in the gas tank/bad gas?

If you drive it nice and easy, does it give you any issues?
Old 03-23-2011, 03:25 PM
Fintro11
Pro

found out the problem i took of the the air filter and the connector that goes to the intake ( sorry i don't know the names for most of these things) the vacuum line under it had come off due to old clamps went up to lordco bought new clamps put it all back together and now she runs better than she has ever

she did drive alright when i was nice and easy the slower i put on the gas the better she would go, I have bought a new fuel filter, have to find another day off when i can use my buddys car jack and tire stands to get under the car :P

Quick Reply: odd problem