Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Four new products available exclusively from Ideola's Garage

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 04:08 PM
ideola
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Four new products available exclusively from Ideola's Garage

Integral Cam profiles ONCE AGAIN AVAILABLE
http://garage.ideola.com/prod-2LEngi....html#Integral
In 2010, Integral Cams shut down their operations and sold the rights to their intellectual property to MegaCycle Cams in California. MegaCycle has not been servicing the Porsche community due to lack of familiarity with the various platforms.

Now, through an exclusive arrangement with Ideola's Garage, we are happy to announce that Integral's cam profiles will once again be available to the Porsche enthusiast.

At this time, MegaCycle is not producing new Porsche cams from billet. The only available option for now are hardfaced cams on customer-supplied cores. If you need assistance locating a cam core, please contact us. All standard 2.0L profiles are immediately available. I'm working on adding the 944/951 content to my site.

Ideola's Snailshell Short Shifter $145 + shipping
http://garage.ideola.com/prod-Trans.html
In October of 2010, we worked with 4M Industries to develop a limited production run of short shift levers for the snailshell-equipped 924s. These shift levers are CNC-machined from billet aluminum, and based on the original design of long-time 924board.org member "Lizard"...but we took the design improvement one step further.

We felt that the height of the original design was nice for road use, but perhaps a bit short for track use, where you may wish for less distance and motion between the steering wheel and the shift ****. Consequently, we intentionally had the machinist leave the length of the shift lever a bit longer.

The pivot points determine the shorter throws (approximately 50%). The height of the **** (and therefore distance from steering wheel) may be customized by the individual owner by simply trimming the end of the lever.

This is a direct bolt-in replacement for the factory G31 / 016Y/Z shift lever, and uses all of the factory bushings and mounting arrangement. Note, however, that this lever is designed to accommodate aftermarket shift *****, not the factory ****. We highly recommend the Momo Super Anatomico.

Stage8 Locking Exhaust Nut Kit for 931 $150 + shipping
http://garage.ideola.com/prod-Stage8.html#931ENK
Suitable for all 931. Kit contains enough nuts in M8 and M10 sizes for all of the critical exhaust-hanging interfaces, as follows:
  • QTY 16: M8x1.25 nuts and E-clips (for manifold-to-head, jpipe-to-wastegate, and wastegate-to-dump pipe)
  • QTY 9: M10x1.50 nuts and E-clips (for manifold-to-turbine, turbine-to-jpipe, and turbine-to-main exhaust pipe)

These locking exhaust nut kits are made from high quality, heat resistant stainless steel (which impacted the cost...). Even when using conventional locking copper nuts, the studs can still back out, particularly on three bolt flange that attaches the turbine housing to the manifold. Once this occurs, one or more studs will often fall out, and are almost impossible to replace with the engine in situ. Loose exhaust hardware leads to exhaust leaks, boost leaks, inefficiency of the turbo due to heat loss, and additional stress on the manifold which can lead to the infamous cracked exhaust manifold on the 931.

Throttle Body Rebuild Kit for 931 S2 $25 + shipping
http://garage.ideola.com/prod-Kits.html#931TBSK
One of the common problems on the 924 throttle bodies is leaking seals. Unfortunately, the S1 / NA throttle bodies are not easily repairable due to the style of bushes used. All the more reason to convert to the S2 intake setup if you have a 931!

We worked with Bruce Arnn (of Arnnworx) to develop this throttle body repair kit for the S2 throttle bodies, which is very similar to but slightly different than the 2.5L throttle body kit he had already developed. Our exclusive kit includes the shaft seals, the TPS seal, the idle air valve seal, the main throttle body seal, and all new hardware for mounting and reassembly.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:32 PM
mharmon944
Rennlist Member

To be clear, will the throttle body rebuild kit work on the 3.0L 944 S2's?
Old 03-09-2011, 07:46 PM
ideola
Former Vendor

The 944 kits are slightly different, but I can source those as well. I saw your order come through, I'll have one of the 944 kits sent out to you.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:36 PM
lanshark
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was looking to replace my original shifter with the lizard short shifter is this what i am looking for ?
Old 04-23-2012, 06:09 PM
ideola
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by lanshark
i was looking to replace my original shifter with the lizard short shifter is this what i am looking for ?
If you have a snailshell equipped 924 or 931, yes, you can order from here:
http://garage.ideola.com/prod-Trans.html

If you have a 928, Lizard developed a short shifter for that platform as well, but it's not the same as this unit...I believe you can get the 928 unit from Roger @ 928sRus.

Quick Reply: Four new products available exclusively from Ideola's Garage