Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sitting weird (lopsided) now..

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2002, 07:27 PM
Brian McCoy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Sitting weird (lopsided) now..

This week has been one heck of a learning curve so-far and it looks like it's going to continue.

So, I've repaired a broken AC tension shaft, R&Rd the Alt. for the upgraded lighting kit and installed the SSI ball joint replacements (left everything on the car and did this with C-clamps). Put everything back together after a final inspection (and running it while on the stands - ran fine - woot), drop it to the ground with plans on taking my girl out in the car for a shake-down run - but the car now sits 1.5~2" lower on the front drivers side than on the front passangers side. What the hell?

Pushing on the corners yields give and damping so the shocks Seem to be working (and there's nothing bound up elsewhere). I didn't remove anything that would effect how the car sits - just tied it out of the way with bungees. What determines ride-height for the front? It's an 86 951 with the mods mentioned above. I 'thought' ride height was determined by spring legnth and these are non-preload adjustable perches, right?

Thanks to daylight savings, I'm now completely out of light at 6pm so it has to wait till tomorrow before I lift the front end back up and remove the tires to do more inspections. I'm just looking for possible clues.

Damn I've been asking for a lot of help lately - well, as always - thanks in advance. I'm sure that I'll be the one answering questions one day (in the not to distant future at this rate).

Old 10-27-2002, 08:39 PM
BartW
Racer

after you recheck everything, if all seems to be just fine take the car out for a drive and jerk the wheel back and forth a couple of times and see if it comes back to normal. Often something will unbind itself. Do this only if you are certain everything is the way it is supposed to be.
Old 10-27-2002, 08:59 PM
tazman
Three Wheelin'

Maybe one of the springs are not sitting in it's proper position?

Quick Reply: Sitting weird (lopsided) now..