Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"2 Fast 2 Furious"........Just saw the trailer, opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2003, 12:26 AM
iloveporsches
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It looks like it will be another terrible movie that a bunch of dolts will love I gave the first one a chance last year, and laughed the whole time. I'll also second the idiots in the parking lot afterwards. Everyone wanted to race! I'ts a cheesy movie that glorifies street racing and rice, not actual performance and safe, fun racing.
Old 05-17-2003, 02:57 AM
Matt 944S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah, its funny how 2 peole can see the same movie and get something totally different.

If i see it, it will be to laugh.

But there are people out there who take it seriously.
Old 05-17-2003, 03:32 AM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

i will end up seeing it when it comes out with my friends, and i already know that the thearter we will be going to will have police waiting outside with their ticket book in one hand and radar gun in the other. its cool like that when your friends live off a street known for street racing since way back when my dad was doing it in his firebird!
Old 05-17-2003, 03:41 AM
Puch1313
Instructor

Looks to me like a movie that the majority of the kids at my school will talk about during class. they will gawk at teh awesomeness of the civic, and lancer. i will HAVE to keep my mouth shut, becuase once i start to go off, i cannot be stopped. it has happened a few times. i think everyone has a right to their opinion...... This one looks 30 times worse than the first. by watchign the trailer, i see they seem to have MANY more stickers on the car, i am sure that adds 10-20HP.... I hate how much more rice is on the road since the first one came out. no one even notices my 44, but if a kid pimps out his dads old grocerie getter, by tinting the windows, putting racign stripes from Wal-Mart on it, and adding a muffler that sounds like my weed wacker, he is the talk of the school. i dont really care. my car is for me. but after all the hrs of work i put into it, its nice to have some recognition....sorry about the rambling!
Old 05-17-2003, 04:33 AM
boostaholic
Instructor

After leaving the theatre from the first movie I watched as 2 ricers raced around the theatre parking lot and then crashed into each other. I couldn't have planned it better myself.
Old 05-17-2003, 09:38 AM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by boostaholic:
<strong>After leaving the theatre from the first movie I watched as 2 ricers raced around the theatre parking lot and then crashed into each other. I couldn't have planned it better myself.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Similar situation happend to me. when a civic doing like 50 hit a parking block. (Ohh that was great) Ripped off the front tiebars so the wheels collapsed. (or so I think I was laughing to hard to go look) Yea, and about no reconision just say this to anyone who starts to talk about a ricers car.... "What? That was a F@cking car out there? I thought it was a shopping cart" or "who owns it so I can laugh at them" then find the person and laugh..When they get defensive about it or something they usually try to bash your car with stuff like this "Daddy's not going to like you taking out his car" or "Daddy bought yours.." Then I Always reply "my car cost 6-9K in hardtop fourm and does your mom know you did that to her Civic, eclipse, ETC.." Then ask them what BTDC is and if they can't tell you then ask them how they do engine work to there car.
Old 05-17-2003, 11:15 AM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

"There's a sucker born every minute" PT Barnum

Unfortunately it's true. Lots of people believe everything they see, whether it's in a movie or not. Just ask Billy Zane who after Titanic came out has been spit on and cussed out for being such a horrible, horrible man for being so mean in that movie. And the soap opera villians who get tons of hate mail every month. Sure, I guess many of them take it as a sign they do their acting well, but for people who believe that is all real...well......

I saw the first one to see if there were any nice cars (I do like the Supra TT, but without body kits and it is a beast to be reckoned with on the streets. 500hp is a sneeze away in that car.) in it and hoping it would be done well (it wasn't) Of course the Ferrari driver had to be a snob and get blown away...the ricers loved that I'm sure.

Yes, CG is coming into play more and more since they want to do these funky camera angles and unusual things with the cars. IMHO drop it and they need to go watch Ronin for how to do great car stuff.
Old 05-17-2003, 12:50 PM
xcessiv
Instructor

CRap, but I'll probably go see it anyway. But I will have seen Reloaded about 10 times before that.
Old 05-18-2003, 12:57 AM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I enjoyed the first one. Kinda brainless but entertaining. Liked the GTO, Vin Diesel and the woman who played his sister in the movie. I would go see the new movie.
Old 05-18-2003, 01:05 AM
brrt50cal
Addict
Rennlist Member

What I thought was interesting in the first one was how that Supra couldn't catch up to the Challenger without NOS. Also, how that beautiful American muscle car had to have something go wrong with it and be destroyed. Long live American muscle!!!
Old 05-18-2003, 01:28 AM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

Forget the movie, just wait outside, that will be more entertaining. Heck bring a video camera and interview the ricers before they get into there cars. You can call it "Dumb and Dumber, the real world"
Old 05-18-2003, 01:37 AM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
F&FII, 10 lbs. of crap in a 5 lb. bag.

I'm not going to pay to see it b/c I'll be supporting their intention to make a 3rd piece of crap movie.

Civics Rule!
Old 05-18-2003, 02:18 AM
Nabeel
Pro

I thought the first was entertaining. Just comic relief mainly. BUT....no Jordana Brewster or Michelle Rodriguez in the second one....hmmm, I'm not so sure I wanna see the second one now.
Old 05-18-2003, 03:15 AM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

I just saw the preview before the matrix reloaded..oh man...I can't believe they made it stupider!!!!!!!!

Whoever's first to market a flamethrower for the exhaust wins...I mean MARKET...they're out there...but not popular enough...
Old 05-18-2003, 04:07 AM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think they put something in the tail pipes to light the exhaust...my dad used to do that to one of his American Muscle cars. But he said those are TOTALLY ILLEGAL! Too many liabilities.

So if anyone puts something like that on their car, it's going to be at the minimum ticketed, if not towed, and reinspected by the local DMV.

Some dumbass is probably going to blow up his car, trying to do that, anyway!

It's obvious that the majority of the car crashes are computer generated - much cheaper than paying a stunt person to do something insanely stupid, plus the cost of the car.

But each person is responsible for themselves, I will not blame a movie for the stupid things people do.

And then there's the people who didn't get "Matrix:Reloaded". I suppose those are the ones who will do the stupid things with their cars!

- Julie

Quick Reply: "2 Fast 2 Furious"........Just saw the trailer, opinions?