Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

College Corner (IN/OH) Porsche mechanic?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 10:49 PM
goody944
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question College Corner (IN/OH) Porsche mechanic?

Hey you western OH, eastern IN people... I go through College Corner on US27 enroute to Cincy, and always notice a small building that looks like a Porsche mechanic - usually see an old 911 or two there. Think the name has motorwerks or something like that in it.

Who are they and what do they do? Just curious. Not too far away from me, in case it ever matters.

Thanks

Goody
Old 05-30-2003, 04:01 PM
goody944
Advanced

Bueller? Bueller?
Old 05-30-2003, 04:35 PM
Wade B
Cleveland Rocks
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts
If it is the same guy that is still there, he worked for Brad Kettler on Porsche's factory team at all the endurance races here in the states. Brad used to run the shop there when he lived in this area but he moved to Florida and is now team manager for Champion's dominating Audi team. They were highly recommended by my friends who have 993's and older 911's and although I don't know how much experience they had on water pumpers I was in there once and they had Brad's sister Allison's 951S up on the rack. If you stop in to check them out sometime the guy had an old Lotus Europa in there that he was restoring so if it's there, it's probably him. Ask him to tell you the story about the other parents of the kids running in his son's spec go cart series finding out that he was a Porsche factory race mechanic after his son was constantly spanking the whole field............
Old 05-30-2003, 11:54 PM
Wade B
Cleveland Rocks
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts
Just ran across an old business card, so if they still have the same sign it would be Kettler Motorwerks. I'll bet the old guy is still there if there are still 911's around. I'll have to stop and talk to him again sometime. Lots of cool stories. By the way, like your car, and like the Red Barchetta reference, too.
Old 05-31-2003, 01:06 PM
goody944
Advanced

There was what appeared to be a really old 911 and an 80s targa. Maybe I'll stop in sometime, if for nothing else, learn a little history! Sounds like the stories would be golden... Love the thought of the go kart dad being a Porsche factory mechanic - that rocks!

Thanks for the compliment on the car - would love to spice it up wheel-wise somehow, but that's an expense that'll have to wait. And I've always loved both Rush and Porsches (I don't want to be among the crowds apparently), and one day I saw someone was selling Neil Peart's ('94?) 911 Speedster on eBay.

Too bad a red Barchetta is really a Ferrari... but still an awesome tune.

Quick Reply: College Corner (IN/OH) Porsche mechanic?