Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944 Lemons Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 10:10 PM
vt951
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by texasviany
After searching all the forums now I am completely confused, so I have to start over. I have a stock 1983 944 that I am going to race in the Lemons series. I planned to drop the rear end but I am not exactly sure how. There is an eccentric bolt right? Has anyone done this to level the car out?

Next, what should I set camber, caster and toe at? I am driving on **** tires, not track tires.

Thank you for the help
In true Lemons and ChumpCar spirit, I did a ghetto alignment on our dragon car before the last race, and it actually drove really well. Like Sam said, we were in 2nd place when the engine blew. Basically, bump the front camber eccentrics in as far as they will go, which might give you a couple degrees negative, I think. For toe, I have a "special tool" for ghetto alignments (picture a 6 ft. micrometer made of angle iron) which I use to measure distance across the front tires, half way up, front and rear. I adjusted the tie rods until the front of the tires were about 1/8" further apart than the back (1/8" toe out). For caster, I honestly have no idea what you want for performance. I haven't messed with it.

For the rear, if they make you remove the hatch (glass), it makes the rear end light and you'll want to adjust the rear down as far as you can, but like Van said, you would ideally corner balance to make sure you haven't screwed up the left right balance back there. I haven't figured out a ghetto method for this yet.

Good luck with the races. Make sure that car looks like sh-t if you're going to race Lemons.

Quick Reply: 944 Lemons Car