Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found 968 MO30 need help with price Please...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2002, 09:33 PM
lehtola
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Found 968 MO30 need help with price Please...

Found a 94 968 with MO30 option and LSD. 89k miles. Only problem is that the owner is not sure of the pinion bearings being replaced. It has 10 hours of labor on the differential from the porsche dealer service department in 96 but it doesn't mention replacement of pinion bearings. Needs new tires (17 inch) and the rear bumper cover is cracked from where it was towed once and they needed to pull it with a strap. the driver side bolster is worn to the padding and has leather repair on it. asking price is $18K. I would have been willing to offer $15,000 before I saw the rear bumper cover...also...the rotors have groves...what is the cost to turn down those? Pads cost what? and tires? only R rated...not zr this time. oh...one more thing...not sure about the clutch replacement either. HELP!!!
Old 03-23-2002, 10:56 PM
Tom Pultz
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 98 Likes on 83 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by lehtola:
Found a 94 968 with MO30 option and LSD.<hr></blockquote>All M030 cars have LSD. [quote]Only problem is that the owner is not sure of the pinion bearings being replaced.<hr></blockquote>I'd say if it has 89K miles and the differential is quiet then it either did not have the over-torqued pinion problem or it was corrected since most cars experience problems at a much lower mileage. [quote]Needs new tires (17 inch)<hr></blockquote>That's $800 or so for top-rated tires. [quote]and the rear bumper cover is cracked<hr></blockquote>Ouch, this car is sounding more and more like a beater. [quote]the driver side bolster is worn to the padding and has leather repair on it.<hr></blockquote>Ouch number two. My car has 81K miles and the bolsters look fine. [quote]the rotors have groves...what is the cost to turn down those?<hr></blockquote>It should have the "drilled" rotors front and rear. If it does not then they have been replaced with the much cheaper 951S type. If they are severely grooved I'd throw them in the trash and install new genuine Porsche rotors. Figure $250 EACH list for the fronts and maybe $150 or so each for the rears. Front pads are around $70. [quote]and tires? only R rated.<hr></blockquote>It's becoming clear that whoever owned this car did not maintain it as it should have been maintained. Without even seeing it I'd say it's trash. There are better examples available. You get what you pay for. Just my opinion of course, but if any real enthusiast owned this car it would have top-rated tires, and all the cosmetic problems would have been fixed.
Old 03-25-2002, 10:09 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 123 Likes on 90 Posts
<a href="http://www.cpivalueguide.com" target="_blank">cpivalueguide</a>
for fall '01 values a 94 in fair cond at 17000, excl cond at 22900, good cond at 19000. take the good cond figure subtract the work, and viola, you have a bid.

Quick Reply: Found 968 MO30 need help with price Please...