Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apprenticeships?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2002, 06:55 PM
Water944t
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Apprenticeships?

Hey guys, long post, filled with personal trauma and goofy wuestions.

I broke my back several years ago, while managing a car dealership here in New Mexico. It was a combination of things, anger and "out-of-shapedness". After a laminectomy to remove disc material from my spine, I recovered and retrained to work in the computer industry, eventually owning my own little custom computer shop.

Last August, my back blew out again, this time requiring a spinal fusion, which I am currently almost recovered from. It looks like I ma going to make a good recovery, and I would imagine that you could drop me into the atmosphere and the only thing that would survive would be this titanium/coral/bone thing that the surgeon built in my back.

Now I am faced with a decision. Either continue with my computer career, retrain for something new, or go back to one of my other skills.

I would love to learn to repair Porsches. Not only would it be cool to have more skill and knowledge about repairing my own car, I would love to be able to offer quality repairs to others who drive these wonderful machines.

So I guess my question is... Do any of you know where to start looking to find apprenticeships or training for Porsche brand specific repairs? I will be moving to the Phoenix area soon (summer), and maybe there are schools or possibly a shop that trains in that area?

Quick Reply: Apprenticeships?