Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carpet replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 04:00 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good for you! i took the easy route and now my car is an RS replica haha. no sound deadening and light perlon felt instead of expensive carpet replacement... its lookin good! i wouldn't mind a dash replacement myself...
Old 04-15-2011, 07:59 PM
plumbum
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice write up! I am thinking of getting a classic9 dash cover also...any idea how hard they are to install? Also would like to do seat covers...havent decided were I am going to order them from.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:14 PM
Woody
Racer

I will know more about the dash cover by the end of the week. Hay fever is kicking up today with the wind and tomorrow is a Motorcycle day so not much is likely to get done this weekend. But then it's on to the dash cover.

My seats could use a recover as the front bottoms both have a pair of rips. But I keep making screeming sounds when I think of how much good seat covers cost. I have some material and I have glue so I am going to try and patch the holes and get by for a while longer. No, that is not the best solution but it's free.
Woody
Old 04-16-2011, 02:43 PM
arthropraxis
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did the classic 9 dash cover. It was time consuming but not difficult. Just make sure the surface is as smooth as possible before putting the cover on.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:09 PM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Some people tread carefully when they reach a slippery slope. You just put on your skis and go! I can't wait to see the before/after pics. Lookin' good so far!
Old 10-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Woody
Racer

Default Finishing up

Time to close this out.

The dash is back in and everything even seems to work. Recovering the dash was not that hard but I was truly out of my comfort zone by taking that on. Looks like a whole new car, at least on the inside.
Name:  IMG_1719.jpg
Views: 1040
Size:  53.2 KB

I messed up and did not lay the seam down in the correct spot and the line drops about an inch on the right side. My bad: but it's still better than it was and most will not noticed the mistake. If a person were to practice laying the seam down several times before adding glue you should not have any problems.

A prior owner must have put a larger bodied radio in the console at some time in the past. The radio that was in it was a bit loose and supported by a 2x4. This mostly worked but I bought a new radio with blue tooth, iPod and some stuff I don't know what it is. I did wanted it to fit correctly for a change and since it was apart this was the time to find out what was going on.

Seems that the opening for the radio had been ground out all the way around the opening making it too large for the DIN bracket to grab anything. I used a steal bar on the bottom of the opening to support the radio and an aluminum plate around the opening to return it to the right shape. Then filled in the gaps with some epoxy to bring the strength up to where it needs to be. After a bit of file work to position the whole in the correct spot, the DIN bracket now locked nicely into place. I probably should have done this a couple years ago but I did not realize how bad it was.

Project done at last. . no that's not right. A 944 is never finished.
Woody
Old 10-07-2011, 08:35 AM
CyCloNe!
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

Very Nice!
Old 10-09-2011, 10:44 AM
terry exum
Cruisin'

To anyone that may need parts I have a like new full carpet an dash crack free and other parts oouy of my 944 T u can email me @ tjporsche75@aol.com

Quick Reply: Carpet replacement