Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird electrical connectors?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 08:04 PM
hopps
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird electrical connectors?

Hey guys, while doing my clutch job, I managed to break the already broken (PO's fault) electrical connectors on the back of the engine. It's two connectors, one on top of the other, that are mounted in an aluminum bracket on the back of the engine. It looks like its something with the fuel injection system, but I'm not sure what it is!

Well, I broke it, and I have 3 different colored wires that I need to know where they go in the other end of the connection. If anyone could help me that would be great! Thanks

Edit: So it's for the speed and reference sensors. The reference sensor is the one that I need to know what color wires go into which plug. Page 252 of this PDF show some numbers for the connectors....if anyone could find which color wire goes into which number connector that would be fantastic!

http://texasblake.com/porsche/docs/Vol1-Engine8v.pdf

Last edited by hopps; 11-14-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:26 PM
ernie9468
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hopps
Hey guys, while doing my clutch job, I managed to break the already broken (PO's fault) electrical connectors on the back of the engine. It's two connectors, one on top of the other, that are mounted in an aluminum bracket on the back of the engine. It looks like its something with the fuel injection system, but I'm not sure what it is!

Well, I broke it, and I have 3 different colored wires that I need to know where they go in the other end of the connection. If anyone could help me that would be great! Thanks
Do you mean the sensors or the grounds???

Last edited by ernie9468; 02-04-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:29 PM
hopps
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, I meant these connectors right here:
Attached Images  
Old 11-15-2010, 09:15 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes those are the speed / refference sensors.. there have been plenty of write ups on here about them crumbling, and someone even did a group buy offering male and female side replacements for these..

Sadly though, he seems to have sold all his connectors, and is having a hell of a time getting more / replacements... maybe one day in the near future, or perhaps someone who has some from the GB will chime in and hook you up!

Quick Reply: Weird electrical connectors?