Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Part # for PS high pressure line clamp?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2002, 11:52 AM
tt9714
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Part # for PS high pressure line clamp?

I'm in the process of reinstalling my rebuilt PS rack on my '86 951. I attached a new high pressure line to the rack. I believe that there is also a C-shaped clamp (with rubber insert) that secures the high pressure line to the rack. This would be where the metal tube transitions to the rubber hose. I also noticed a female threaded hole on a brass-colored plate in the same area that is probably designed to accept a small bolt.

Can someone help me identify the correct part number for this clamp? Also, what about the small bolt and lockwasher(?) that is used to install it. I checked the parts diagram, and it shows several different c-clamps. It is not clear to me which one would be for this line.
Old 03-19-2002, 01:09 PM
bs
Pro

i'm going to try to post a picture from PET... tell me the number from the diagram and i'll give you the part number(s).

Old 03-19-2002, 01:23 PM
tt9714
Racer

Dear bs,
Thanks for your help, but actually I have access to both the diagram ~and~ the associated parts list.

The part I am looking for would be physically located near #51 on the diagram, but would clamp around the high pressure line (#29) above the "36" and mount directly to the rack. Part #51 actually is for the return line, and it mounts to the crossmember with a bolt.

While we are talking about it, can someone explain where clamp #50 and clamp #44 attach? It appears that they are intended for the lines coming out of the PS reservoir, but there are no threaded studs sticking out of the body in that area.

Also, PET lists the quantity of clamp #43 as "3" but I can only find 2 places to use it on hose #31: 1) near the connection to hose #30 and 2) on the hard pipe just before the transiton to the rubber hose that goes to the reservoir.

Thanks,
-MDW
Old 03-19-2002, 02:07 PM
bs
Pro

alright... here are some guesses.

maybe 52 is the clamp you are looking for?

the picture of 43 is pretty vauge... is that the little plastic clip that holds the cooler to it's support? if so there were 3 or 4 of those, one for each coil, all right next to each other on that pesky little bracket.

i remember a few clamps in the style of 44 and 50 on that hose 31 assembly. there is one below the right headlight on the side of the metal peice that goes beside the radiator. there is another on the bottom of the "frame rail" which keeps that metal portion of the hose from rubbing on the sway bar mount. i think there might have been another below the cooler... but all that stuff is a mess on my car because my oil cooler mount is all bent and my power steering cooler hose is somewhat bent, too so none of that stuff fit back in quite right and i ended up with a small pile of unused mounting clamps.

did you change your reservior with the rack?? there's a non replacable filter in there that's only supposed to be good for 60k.
Old 03-19-2002, 10:05 PM
tt9714
Racer

Any more thoughts on this one out there???

As for the reply by "bs" part #52 connects to the return line and it is bolted to the crossmember (along with #51)...so that's not it.

I did buy a new reservoir...that filter is actually white on the bottom!!
Old 03-21-2002, 05:48 PM
tt9714
Racer

One more request for info...

If I cannot identify the part #, I will ask my mechanic the next time the car is in the shop.

-MDW

Quick Reply: Part # for PS high pressure line clamp?